program specifics for Emory or Gainesville?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AR1776

Flying through
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't find specifics like how many shifts/mo, how long the shifts are, or salary/benefits on these two. Anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

For the life of me I can't find specifics like how many shifts/mo, how long the shifts are, or salary/benefits on these two. Anybody know?

Don't know about Emory. Here's the info for Gatorville (I mean Gainesville).

Plan is to work 17 total 9 hr shifts. With this being the same for all 3 years. Not sure exact salary but should be the same as Jax and all UF so ~42k/yr.

I thought I took notes at Emory but I can't find them. Don't hold me to it because i'm going off memory, but I'm pretty sure it's 18-20 12's with every other weekend off at Grady. 10's at Emory.

This I do have for sure:

Salary for 2006:
PGY1: $41,912
PGY2: $44,036
PGY3: $45,766

I can't find anything on other benefits except the standard health/dental stuff in the folder they gave us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I took notes at Emory but I can't find them. Don't hold me to it because i'm going off memory, but I'm pretty sure it's 18-20 12's with every other weekend off at Grady. 10's at Emory.

This I do have for sure:

Salary for 2006:
PGY1: $41,912
PGY2: $44,036
PGY3: $45,766

I can't find anything on other benefits except the standard health/dental stuff in the folder they gave us.

I rotated there. Interns do mostly 10's. I don't know how many per month but its a lot. Program freely states that interns work very hard. 2nd and 3rd years do 8's with 12's on the weekends so they get 2 free weekends a month. Shifts routinely go over 1-2 hours especialy the seniors because they are in charge of the whole side of the ED they are on. Its kind of hard to say how many shifts/month though because 3rd years do split months -- 1/2 shifts at Grady and the other 1/2 at either Emory, Crawford, or Egleston. The salary figures look right though. Great program. I liked it a lot.

I rotated there. Interns do mostly 10's. I don't know how many per month but its a lot. Program freely states that interns work very hard. 2nd and 3rd years do 8's with 12's on the weekends so they get 2 free weekends a month. Shifts routinely go over 1-2 hours especialy the seniors because they are in charge of the whole side of the ED they are on. Its kind of hard to say how many shifts/month though because 3rd years do split months -- 1/2 shifts at Grady and the other 1/2 at either Emory, Crawford, or Egleston. The salary figures look right though.

Thanks, I was feeling a little bad that I didn't have true specifics. It's a great program especially for those who want to give back to an indigent population at a county hospital. Trauma experience seems great too.

The swamp pays:

PGY1 $41,434.45
PGY2 $42,778.65
PGY3 $44,268.64

This is 06-07 data, and it will likely go up again, as there was a $1900 increase the year before.