Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When we select programs in ERAS, some offer both categorical and advanced neuro programs. Is there any reason not to select both?
I'd like to stay where I am for my prelim year if possible, since I own my home. So if I apply to both, am I correct in believing I can rank such programs:
1. ProgramX-advanced (+prelim at another school)
2. ProgramX-categorical
without risking my final match putting me in the advanced program without getting a prelim even though I could have gone to the same program as a categorical (I assume programs don't separately rank us for adv/cat spots)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I'd like to stay where I am for my prelim year if possible, since I own my home. So if I apply to both, am I correct in believing I can rank such programs:
1. ProgramX-advanced (+prelim at another school)
2. ProgramX-categorical
without risking my final match putting me in the advanced program without getting a prelim even though I could have gone to the same program as a categorical (I assume programs don't separately rank us for adv/cat spots)?
Thanks in advance for any help.