Proposed Questions For When You Receive Scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junebuguf

Yo ***...Pimp My AMCAS
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you guys finally get your scores, I know there will be a flurry of activity on this board...well, I hope. I think that there should be a defined format to reporting/commenting on your scores as your input affects not only those that took the MCAT in April, but also those who are preparing to take it this August and even those of us preparing for April '05. So I propose the following questions to be answered on the auspicious (we hope) day. I know that many of these questions have already been asked, but I thought it would be good to organize a round of answers in a new thread with the most recent test-takers. Please add whatever you would like to the list and whoever is the first to post upon receiving scores (I didnt take the april mcat so for someone else out there...) cut and paste whatever is the final version of the list in the new thread. Heres the list, organized in two sections (one on the test itself, and the other on how it affects your application):

I The Test

1) Your Score (with score breakdown)?

2) What was your expected score range (for each section)?

3) Are you happy with the scores? Planning on Retaking?

4) What major test prep companies materials did you use for reviewing material (EK/Kaplan/TPR...)?

5) Did you use a review course? From which company?

6) Which practice MCATs and which company's materials did you find best resembled and/or prepared you for the test?

7) If you are planning on retaking, would you use the same test prep companies materials/services?

8) How did you study? (When did you start studying? How many hours per week?)

9) What undergraduate courses (beyond the pre-reqs) did you take? Which of these courses did you find most helpful on the MCAT?

10) Any regrets/comments/suggestions et. in preparing for the MCAT?

II Applying

** Some of the questions below are somewhat personal and you may not want to answer which is fine, but providing accurate answers will help those of us who are a little further behind than you guys**

11) When are you planning on applying (in which cycle)? Have your scores changed your mind?

12) What was your AMCAS cumulative gpa? BCMP gpa?

13) What schools were you planning on applying to *before* receiving your scores?

14) What schools are you planning on applying to *after* receiving your scores?

15) Any comments/rants about the application process after having received scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm too freaked out in wild crazy anticipation that I can't think of those things right now...ahahah :eek:

lol..wat if soeone like me did bad.....do u think they are gonna answer all those questions...lol