Pros and cons of ACEtheDAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scribbles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those who are taking or have taken ace the dat materials to prepare for the DAT, how would you rate the individual sections that they offer: science, math, reading comp., perceptual?

Were there particular sections that you found very helpful and some pretty bad?
How was it compared to other products...topscore, kaplan?

Members don't see this ad.

scribbles said:
Those who are taking or have taken ace the dat materials to prepare for the DAT, how would you rate the individual sections that they offer: science, math, reading comp., perceptual?

Were there particular sections that you found very helpful and some pretty bad?
How was it compared to other products...topscore, kaplan?

I scored the same on acethedat tests as I did on Kaplan, except for perceptual of course. PA is the only thing that I would recomend acethedat for over other prep materials.

Be warned that acethedat is chalked full of errors........not just the frequent test malfunctions(no question and no answer errors) but also incorrect questions and incorrect answers. If I hadn't studied so much before using it I probably wouldn't have noticed and would have learned incorrect information. This source should only be used for timed practice and not for the learning of information.

Kaplan has my full endorsement as well as schuam's, class text books(of course), and certain online sources that I have posted on this forum.

Long story short......you get what you pay for. Acethedat is $50 and Kaplan is $1000. Also....you could see every question on acethedat in about 14 hours if you really worked fast. Kaplan takes 3 months, which do you think will prepare you the best?
Best of luck to you but take my advice....if acethedat is all that you use then you had better already know everything in your sciences.