Pros & Cons of VA Contact Center Pharmacist Staff Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

workingfarmer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any ideas of what the job entails? Thinking about transitioning but hearing some good and bad, just want some more input....thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

We are trying to open one of these. Many of our pharmacists and techs applied, but all pharmacists and all but one tech backed out once they interviewed and heard what the position is about. From the feedback I have heard from them, the pro is of course that for the most part it's a virtual job. However, they were told in their interview that if there is not enough call volume, they could be pulled and sent to any VA in the VISN to help out. In addition, seems like it would be a rotating shift schedule based on the needs of the call center, and wouldn't really be set in stone. Of course, different call centers might operate differently, and this is just for VISN 5. It was a bit suspicious how they hired the managers for these positions--many applied, and seems like they already had people in mind.

Reactions: 1 users
We are trying to open one of these. Many of our pharmacists and techs applied, but all pharmacists and all but one tech backed out once they interviewed and heard what the position is about. From the feedback I have heard from them, the pro is of course that for the most part it's a virtual job. However, they were told in their interview that if there is not enough call volume, they could be pulled and sent to any VA in the VISN to help out. In addition, seems like it would be a rotating shift schedule based on the needs of the call center, and wouldn't really be set in stone. Of course, different call centers might operate differently, and this is just for VISN 5. It was a bit suspicious how they hired the managers for these positions--many applied, and seems like they already had people in mind.
Thanks but I thought these centers were their own entity so to speak? or do they work under certain VAMCs or under the VISN umbrella?

Thanks but I thought these centers were their own entity so to speak? or do they work under certain VAMCs or under the VISN umbrella?
Generally it’s a VISN call center. The Boss of the call center’s GS14 is the VPE.

Reactions: 1 user