prostho program + NBDE in toronto-canada ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maha08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
prostho program + NBDE in toronto-canada ?
Hi

I am newly graduated from Saudi and I applied to Toronto Kaplan Center for NBDE Parts I and II Center Prep Combo for 12 months

I am planning to apply for prostho program after that

My questions:

1- Is this center good for preparation??? And is 1 year too long for that?? And how can I get high marks in these exams??

2- about prostho program in Toronto:

What are the most important things to get acceptance???

Somebody told me that without experience you will not be accepted>>>> is this right???

3- How can I benefit from this year until time for applying to prostho program?

Thank you very much and appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

2- about prostho program in Toronto:
What are the most important things to get acceptance???.

Uh, you might want to start with realizing that the US NBDE probably isn't that useful when applying to a Canadian specialty program...

I believe she is intending to apply to US programs but taking the NBDE courses in Canada since it is less painful getting Visas for entry to Canada.

Well also I'm a graduate from Saudi Arabia and I'm currently taking the NBDE Kaplan courses in Toronto for both Part I & II. And yes I believe 12 months is extremely long. I took 3 months for each and it is more than enough IF you are really studying.

They give you a book and an internet access to a question bank. They also have some lecture videos in the center.

My overall evaluation of the program is that is not very helpful. I am currently reading Dental Decks which I could have done at home. Also there are many books you can buy in amazon.

A waste of time for an International student travelling just for the course. :thumbdown:

I have a Saudi buddy who was accepted in the Prostho program in Toronto University this year, but he declined the offer cuz he got accepted in Harvard!:D He did not have NBDE or any research experience but has been a GP for 2 years.

let me know if you have any more questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you very much

I have a Saudi buddy who was accepted in the Prostho program in Toronto University this year, but he declined the offer cuz he got accepted in Harvard!:D He did not have NBDE or any research experience but has been a GP for 2 years.

could you plz ask him about how can i get acceptance in toronto because i dont want us program

if experience is important or not ?

i have research experience but i dont have clinical eperience

and

Well also I'm a graduate from Saudi Arabia and I'm currently taking the NBDE Kaplan courses in Toronto for both Part I & II. And yes I believe 12 months is extremely long. I took 3 months for each and it is more than enough IF you are really studying.

i want to ask you if i can take attachment in clinics during this period

is there time for that ??? after i finish from lecture ?

what is the system from what time until what ??

thank you very much and i appreciate your help

There is no lectures in Kaplan center, only videos. And you %100 to come and go as you please, there is no schedule. I havent gone to the center for a 1 month, since I have seen all the videos so I read at home.

I think the U of Tornto program prefers 2 years of clinical experience, since it is a very competitive program. So it is better if you find a job, work for 2 years and then apply.

I suggest that after you get a job, arrange with the U of Toronto to come next year for a 3 month observation, If you want to study in Toronto they DO NOT require NBDE. It is totally useless in canada. They prefer clinical and research experience, good GPA and TOEFL scores, etc.

take the NBDE only if you want US programs only!

let me know if you have questions.

take the NBDE only if you want US programs only!

let me know if you have questions.

thank you so much for your cooperation

i am sorry for bothering you

what about us programs

is experience important ???

because i have schoolership and i dont want to lose this chance . i am a newly graduated but i didnt found any job even locum until now .

i am a newly graduated but i didnt found any job even locum until now .

Are you referring to work in Canada or Saudi Arabia?