Protons in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted4401

I am having a hard time figuring out how many proton beam therapy centers there are in Europe. I know the Swedes, Italian (2), UK, France (2?), Germany (2?) have them.

Am I missing any other centers?

Thanks
S

Members don't see this ad.

I am having a hard time figuring out how many proton beam therapy centers there are in Europe. I know the Swedes, Italian (2), UK, France (2?), Germany (2?) have them.

Am I missing any other centers?

Thanks
S

Doesn't switzerland have the only IMPT machine in the world?

Members don't see this ad :)
[a little off the topic]
Is anyone here familiar with the MPRI in Bloomington? I found from the link above that the institute has been in commission for over 4 years but treated the smallest number of patients among the five centers in US. Is it because of its location or some other reasons?:confused:

I'm posting this simply hoping to know more information about it, because I am about to make decisions for graduate studies. (one of them is possibly working at the medical accelerator site with IU's proton center) Many thanks in advance!!:D

[a little off the topic]
Is anyone here familiar with the MPRI in Bloomington? I found from the link above that the institute has been in commission for over 4 years but treated the smallest number of patients among the five centers in US. Is it because of its location or some other reasons?:confused:

I'm posting this simply hoping to know more information about it, because I am about to make decisions for graduate studies. (one of them is possibly working at the medical accelerator site with IU's proton center) Many thanks in advance!!:D

MPRI had a rolling start; they began treating patients on a fixed beamline. Their first Gantry came on-line in 2007, the second in 2008. They're busier than they were the first few years.