Protozoa question

Started by deleted738762
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted738762

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the divison supposed to be named Sarcodines or rhizopda for the ones that used psuedopods to move like ameoba? I see different names so which one is usually common?
 
Is the divison supposed to be named Sarcodines or rhizopda for the ones that used psuedopods to move like ameoba? I see different names so which one is usually common?
Sarcodina is a principal group of the phylum Protista. It replaced the name Rhizopoda. They have the same meaning, just Sarcodina is a new terminology versus Rhizopoda.

Hope this helps.
 
Would the old or new name be used on dat
Tough to say, I would know both.

cleardot.gif