PS and BS passage lengths on real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricMont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AAMC practice tests have pretty short PS and BS passage lengths (most without even a scroll), is this pretty representative of the actual MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC practice tests have pretty short PS and BS passage lengths (most without even a scroll), is this pretty representative of the actual MCAT?

I had a mixed bag on my test. Truth be told, I personally made note of the fact that the passages were more dense...not necessarily more lengthy.

I can confidently say that my verbal passages were about 1 paragraph longer each.

I had a mixed bag on my test. Truth be told, I personally made note of the fact that the passages were more dense...not necessarily more lengthy.

I can confidently say that my verbal passages were about 1 paragraph longer each.

^ F***....THIS. I just improved my abysmal verbal from a 5-6 to a consistent 8-9 on the EK verbal. This was the sole reason why I didnt take the test at the end of summer, because my science scores were where they needed to be. Thank you Pi bond for informing me about this, as I am already struggling for time and will need to make extra adjustments in the next to weeks to help ensure that I finish my verbal section.

AAMC 11 verbal passages felt like the test I just wrote. In all fairness, what's a paragraph? No biggie. Just another 20-30 seconds to read it. People struggle with verbal timing not because they can't read fast enough, but because they dwell on a question for much longer than they should if they have no idea. Just pick one, move on, answer the ones you know. The come back to it if you have time. Keep your passages to 8 minutes a pop and you'll be golden.