PS+ secondary essays question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calla lily

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since a goodly number of schools have secondaries with unique experience/obstacles/challenges/something not listed in AMCAS type essay questions, I am considering cutting a section of my PS that talks about my academic flux + challenges that caused it. My reasoning is I can save space on the PS for other stuff and not have to repeat myself on the secondary.

However, I'm worried about the schools that don't have those challenge/obstacle questions (or who screen for secondaries). Will I be shooting myself in the foot if I don't address the academic concerns right off the bat? (It was one D in one class that I retook and aced.)
Opinions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't mess with your personal statement just to save a little time and effort once secondaries arrive. Every school you apply to is going to see your PS, but like you said, not all of them are going to have that particular secondary prompt. Keep your PS intact and rehash or expand upon what you've written when and if the time comes just like everyone else.

Don't mess with your personal statement just to save a little time and effort once secondaries arrive. Every school you apply to is going to see your PS, but like you said, not all of them are going to have that particular secondary prompt. Keep your PS intact and rehash or expand upon what you've written when and if the time comes just like everyone else.

:thumbup: I agree with the explosion. Keep your PS the way it is and write a really great challenges essay for that prompt. You can probably dovetail off the challenge from your PS, but I'd keep the prose fresh.

Thanks-- it's a bit of a relief to hear that. I really don't want to re-rewrite my PS :)