PSI won’t let me take CPJE, as my name on SSC has middle initial & DL doesn't

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SyrianPharmD

Dream ofCalifarmacycation
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with PSI licensure test center. My name on the Social Security Card has a middle initial, while my name on my driver's license does not have a middle initial.

When I signed up with the California pharmacy board, I used my name without the middle initial, to match the more important ID, my driver's license.

I went to the test center by my house, but they would not let me take the test, because they say the name must match letter by letter. What do you guys do in this case? Change the name on the DL or SSC?

All that trouble for one letter.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had to same problem so I went to the Social Security office and had them issue me a new card without the middle initial. It took about a week for me to get my new card. Luckily I took care of the problem before walking in to the exam

Yeah, they're absolute sticklers on the name matching your record exactly in order to take the CPJE. It was stressed to us on the first day of pharmacy school, actually.

You likely won't find a test center that will overlook this, since this is a criteria for taking the exam. Best to get to the SocSec Office and have them re-issue you a card asap. I'm not sure if the CPJE centers will accept a temporary card, so i'd certainly wait for the real card in the mail.

good luck!