Psilocybin Therapy in the Pain Clinic? Gamechanger?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To anyone considering BJJ in kids - BJJ does not make athletic kids more athletic. The contrary actually. Invaluable skill building.

Mitch, Im a little confused with what you are trying to say here. Would you recommend BJJ for young kids? I really want to get my daughter started so that by the time she is a teen she can really defend herself (sad that this even has to be a thought)

Members don't see this ad.

as someone who has taken care of an entire family that presented with acute mushroom poisoning, i would not suggest people go looking for them in the wild.

area needs more research before it is something we should be advocating - research in to appropriate dosing, methods of obtaining and giving, etc.

yes technically legality does not have a direct correlation with morbidity and mortality.

besides marijuana, can you name a substance that is illegal that has no morbidity or mortality? with cannabinoids, there is evidence for psychological concerns in adolescents...

Notable cases[edit]​

• 1097: During the First Crusade, according to at least one chronicle, many crusaders died after drinking too much from a river while marching to Antioch.[15]
  • 1991, Andy Warhol: Five years after his death, Warhol's family publicly accused the hospital where he had his gallbladder removed of causing his death by water intoxication administered post-operatively. A claimed autopsy weight of 68 kg (150 lb), with his weight being 58 kg (128 lb) when admitted, was cited as evidence that too much fluid had been given.[16]
  • October 24, 1995: Anna Wood, a 15-year-old Australian schoolgirl, died from the effects of water intoxication.
  • November 16, 1995: Leah Betts, a British schoolgirl, died as the result of drinking too much water, though in the media her death was mistakenly attributed to taking an ecstasy tablet at her 18th birthday party.[17]
  • 2003: British actor Anthony Andrews survived a case of water intoxication. He was performing as Henry Higgins in a revival of the musical My Fair Lady at the time, and consumed up to eight litres of water a day. He was unconscious and in intensive care for three days.[18][19]
  • February 2, 2005: Matthew Carrington, a student at Chico State University in Chico, California, died as a direct result of a fraternity hazing ritual involving forced water intoxication.
  • January 12, 2007: Jennifer Strange died after drinking nearly 2 gallons (7.6 liters) of water in an attempt to win a Nintendo Wii.[20] The KDND radio station's morning show, the Morning Rave, held an on-air contest entitled "Hold Your Wee for a Wii," in which contestants were asked to drink as much water as they could without urinating. The DJs were made aware of the dangers but did not inform the contestants. KDND's parent company, Entercom Sacramento LLC, was subsequently ordered to pay $16,577,118 in damages to Jennifer's family.[21][22]
  • March 11, 2020: Zachary Sabin, an 11-year-old child, died after being forced to drink almost three liters of water in just four hours by his parents. They thought his urine was too dark, so they made him drink water until he threw up.[23]

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
as someone who has taken care of an entire family that presented with acute mushroom poisoning, i would not suggest people go looking for them in the wild.

area needs more research before it is something we should be advocating - research in to appropriate dosing, methods of obtaining and giving, etc.

yes technically legality does not have a direct correlation with morbidity and mortality.

besides marijuana, can you name a substance that is illegal that has no morbidity or mortality? with cannabinoids, there is evidence for psychological concerns in adolescents...
What a shame. Mushroom hunting is a fun and very rewarding activity. Too bad you wouldn't recommend it because of something bad that happened to one of your pts. I have a high school football player who sustained a nasty concussion during play and another an SCI. Perhaps we should not recommend football to our high school athletes. How about every other activity in the world as well? Every single aspect of life is about risk vs benefit. Sometimes you don't know what you're missing out on if you don't assume the risk.

A better approach may be to encourage your pts to educate themselves on hunting mushrooms so they know what they're doing. I definitely wouldn't give up hunting mushrooms because some doctor, with zero experience with mushroom hunting himself, advised against it.

I don't think I can name any substance that has no morbidity and mortality. I know a kid who died from peanuts and another from eating honey.

My point is that if you use a substance in a hostile environment, such as one of the US with respect to psychedelics, it's likely to be a completely different experience than in an appropriately controlled and supportive environment.

I'm not sure how we have a thread going on about BJJ and psychedelics but I guess that's what happens.

I wrestled and boxed in highschool and did MMA including bjj here with much younger kids. Once I cut down to 2 days per week I'm going to start it up again.

I've gotten pretty hurt doing BJJ but agree that it's not the same. I wear head gear but still don't like getting hit. It takes me some time to recover afterwards. I don't think it's the same as getting hit when you're younger. I also wear ear guards. It seems that the younger kids want cauliflower ears as a right of passage but I definitely don't.
BJJ injures adults. Kids generally do very well. Injury risk in my experience depends heavily on the school.

I love BJJ for kids. Love it, but as a hobby and not a primary sport. They should do other "regular" sports too, bc BJJ does not make you stronger or faster in the same way basketball or soccer or ball sports do.

If a kid wants to compete, that's different. An obsessed BJJ kid is awesome, but that kid will never touch the rim on a basketball court.

If you allow wild students to roll wildly, someone will get injured.

This is IMO why BJJ, MMA, boxing, MT, etc...It is why you teach the skills primarily, and DO NOT look at these sports as a fitness tool.

Once you start sparring hard for fitness you're gonna get hurt bc you're pushing small joints, tendons and ligaments into dangerous territory.

Huge in the BJJ world - THC.

My daughter does a lot of parkour at a local gym which is fantastic. Goal for BJJ is 100% defense. Im sure she will add on soccer this year or next as well

Yes. I do...
1645110645956.png

Considering the fact "assault rifles" have minds of their own and are routinely used in the commission of high crimes, I hope this weapon is kept in a locked gun cabinet and the ammo is kept on the exact opposite side of your home.

Nice boomstick. Furniture for this or Kentucky windage?

Mine is BCM.

its not that i dont recommend based on something that happened bad to "one of my patients".

telling chronic pain patients to go eat wild mushrooms could be catastrophic.

obviously, there are experienced mushroom hunters. im not talking about them.

but they will most likely not be the same patient population that comes to a chronic pain clinic.

(fyi, serious illness - more than 1 patient and more than 1 incidence throughout my ER years. the one most tragic was a family of 5, 3 adults and 2 kids. the grandmother died. the father was in the ICU for weeks, i never found out how he did with the liver transplant).

Considering the fact "assault rifles" have minds of their own and are routinely used in the commission of high crimes, I hope this weapon is kept in a locked gun cabinet and the ammo is kept on the exact opposite side of your home.

Nice boomstick. Furniture for this or Kentucky windage?

Mine is BCM.
Red Dot sight.

telling chronic pain patients to go eat wild mushrooms could be catastrophic.

(fyi, serious illness - more than 1 patient and more than 1 incidence throughout my ER years. the one most tragic was a family of 5, 3 adults and 2 kids. the grandmother died. the father was in the ICU for weeks, i never found out how he did with the liver transplant).
Obviously. Who in the world would recommend that?????

Now you can enjoy ketamine therapy via telemedicine in the comforts of your own home mindbloom. I’m getting a ton of ads on Facebook.

They even ship you a little face mask and headphones. Apparently after initiation fee and first visit you’re already down $1200.

Now you can enjoy ketamine therapy via telemedicine in the comforts of your own home mindbloom. I’m getting a ton of ads on Facebook.

They even ship you a little face mask and headphones. Apparently after initiation fee and first visit you’re already down $1200.

How did it go?

It works better if you dissolve it with a little spoon and smoke it. Also if you order the phentermine, Adderall and sildenafil off Facebook at the same time don’t take them all at once.

If you insert the ketamine in your bottom, snort the adderall, smoke the phentermine and swallow the sildenafil I’ve heard they go well together.