PSLF, no one in 2017?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Trombopag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Letter warns Education Department there may be no borrowers eligible for public service loan forgiveness

I'm all paid off, but have been following to see how this program works out.

I'm surprised the number might be 'zero' for 2017.

Seems like at least a few lawyers would have had all the I's dotted and T's crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

If it was available in 2007 and people graduated in May-June with a 6 month grace period before starting payments, then it's quite likely that no one qualifies in 2017.

Doesn't really surprise me either given that the program started in October 2007. I just really hope it is still in place in 2027. Or at least that I'm somehow grandfathered into it if it were to be modified or removed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't really surprise me either given that the program started in October 2007. I just really hope it is still in place in 2027. Or at least that I'm somehow grandfathered into it if it were to be modified or removed.
You are so far removed from this By the time all these doctors with 400k plus in loans finish trying to milk PSLF there will be nothing left there for you or any health care professional. Stories of this will start hitting the news later this year and then reforms and changes will begin happening.

You are so far removed from this By the time all these doctors with 400k plus in loans finish trying to milk PSLF there will be nothing left there for you or any health care professional. Stories of this will start hitting the news later this year and then reforms and changes will begin happening.
I know. I can always hope though can't I? I'm hoping the program overall is small enough to pass under the radar even with the larger Dr. loan forgiveness thrown in there.