Psychiatric hospital bizarre stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Poety said:
MJ, I think Anu is a patient herself, not a medical professional.

Yes I’m a patient, not a medical professional.

Solideliquid said:
Do the laws that govern self defense cover us as physicians? Say if I KO a violent anti-social PD patient trying to violently attack me?

ROFL that’s the funniest thing I’ve read here. I guess the ole Haldol failed you physicans, eh!??! Next step is for you physicians to make it legal to use paralyzing drugs to seize control of a pissed off patient, eh?

Psyclops said:
It's interesting to hear the differences in experiences when it comes to prosecution of patients. Maybe it depends on the type of hospital (private vs. state) and the state. If I remember correctly it was encouraged that we press charges.

Pressing charges of someone who’s mentally ill? Do you know how bad that makes your hospital? Pretty darn bad, if you ask me.

Members don't see this ad.

Anuwolf said:
ROFL that’s the funniest thing I’ve read here. I guess the ole Haldol failed you physicans, eh!??! Next step is for you physicians to make it legal to use paralyzing drugs to seize control of a pissed off patient, eh?

No, lol Haldol works well. It's the period before you are able to administer it. We also don't usually give haldol to patients who are not psychotic (anti-soc PD).

Pressing charges of someone who’s mentally ill? Do you know how bad that makes your hospital? Pretty darn bad, if you ask me.

So...how would you classify the majorty of folks in prisons? "Sort of" mentally ill? Anyone who commits murder, rape, especially of children is mentally ill to some extent in my book.

Solideliquid said:
No, lol Haldol works well. It's the period before you are able to administer it. We also don't usually give haldol to patients who are not psychotic (anti-soc PD). So...how would you classify the majorty of folks in prisons? "Sort of" mentally ill? Anyone who commits murder, rape, especially of children is mentally ill to some extent in my book.

I don’t understand your posts “It's the period before you are able to administer it” Do you mean that it’s a period of time before you guys can administer the drug into the patient? Anybody who’s not being psychotic shouldn’t even be on the drug, theirs just no use for it.

I’m sorry but the people who are in today’s prisons that are in for murder, rape (especially towards children) are not mentally ill. People like defense lawyers are using the term “Mentally ill” for an excuse to commit theses kind of acts. I’m sick of tired of hearing stuffs like this. Do you know that these kinds of publicity are telling the general public that the real mental ill people are nothing more then criminals and are extremely dangerous?

I’m BPD… The myths that people tend to think of are the people with theses kind of diagnoses are chronic attention seekers. The real attention seekers are the Munchausen Syndrome folks, not BPD. I do not use my diagnoses to commit crimes and make excuses for it. Everybody needs to take control of themselves and take responsibilities for their crimes, not having to make excuses and blame a mental illness that they don’t have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anuwolf said:
I don’t understand your posts “It's the period before you are able to administer it” Do you mean that it’s a period of time before you guys can administer the drug into the patient? Anybody who’s not being psychotic shouldn’t even be on the drug, theirs just no use for it.

Yeah um, you misunderstood me. I meant that for the violent anti-socials and psychotics coming at you, before you have the magicall insight that they want to cause you physical harm. [/COLOR]

I’m sorry but the people who are in today’s prisons that are in for murder, rape (especially towards children) are not mentally ill. People like defense lawyers are using the term “Mentally ill” for an excuse to commit theses kind of acts. I’m sick of tired of hearing stuffs like this. Do you know that these kinds of publicity are telling the general public that the real mental ill people are nothing more then criminals and are extremely dangerous?

I never said that people who commit crimes should use an "excuse" such as mental illness to get out of spending time in prison. Do you see that anywhere in my post? I meant, and you should agree that people who commit rape, the murder and/or molestation of children ARE MENTALLY ILL. As in they are not functioning normally in the brain department![/COLOR]

I’m BPD… The myths that people tend to think of are the people with theses kind of diagnoses are chronic attention seekers. The real attention seekers are the Munchausen Syndrome folks, not BPD. I do not use my diagnoses to commit crimes and make excuses for it. Everybody needs to take control of themselves and take responsibilities for their crimes, not having to make excuses and blame a mental illness that they don’t have.

Can I ask you if you are on meds? Are you actively seeing a psychiatrist or other mental health professional for therapy or other treatment?

Solideliquid said:
Can I ask you if you are on meds? Are you actively seeing a psychiatrist or other mental health professional for therapy or other treatment?

It seems like we're getting some "patients" in this forum as of late - Sazi is that allowed? :laugh:

Poety said:
It seems like we're getting some "patients" in this forum as of late - Sazi is that allowed? :laugh:

LOL, as long as we don't provide medical advice.

Solideliquid said:
Yeah um, you misunderstood me. I meant that for the violent anti-socials and psychotics coming at you, before you have the magicall insight that they want to cause you physical harm.

Whatever happens to the men in the white coats whom you guys call security officers? Don’t you have any at your hospital? All you need is to have a loaded up needle and stick stick..

Solideliquid said:

No I’m not on any medications. I don’t think I need to be on any, besides sleeping medications, which I don’t have at the moment. I was given couple of antipsychotics/anti depressants and an anti seizure medication on my last visit to the hospital, I just choose not to take them. Thank god I’m not on IOC eh!??! I really be in trouble :winks:

Poety said:

Why wouldn’t I be allowed here? Because I’m a patient?

Solideliquid said:
LOL, as long as we don't provide medical advice.

I’m def. not here for any medical advice.

What does make you come here Anu? I'm asking since this forum is mostly for med students, resients and attendings -what brings you here if not for medical advice? :)

Poety said:
What does make you come here Anu? I'm asking since this forum is mostly for med students, resients and attendings -what brings you here if not for medical advice? :)

What brought me to this site is for education. I want to get educated in the mental health field. I’m seriously thinking about becoming a counselor so people who have my kind of diagnoses can talk to me with confidence and not fear of being ignored. Unfortunately neither psychiatrists nor psychologist knows exactly how we feel, which is difficult to treat. I want to start a career where I can use my personal experience to help people thru their bad times. I’ve thought about going to Med school to be an ICU nurse.. Simply because I respect those people.. I really do consider them as a hero, I know the ICU nurse who was there for my mother while she was on her death bed took special care of her until we pulled the plug on her is considered a hero in my book.

I'm also here to contuine looking at your avatar, Very cute!

Anuwolf said:
What brought me to this site is for education. I want to get educated in the mental health field. I’m seriously thinking about becoming a counselor so people who have my kind of diagnoses can talk to me with confidence and not fear of being ignored. Unfortunately neither psychiatrists nor psychologist knows exactly how we feel, which is difficult to treat. I want to start a career where I can use my personal experience to help people thru their bad times. I’ve thought about going to Med school to be an ICU nurse.. Simply because I respect those people.. I really do consider them as a hero, I know the ICU nurse who was there for my mother while she was on her death bed took special care of her until we pulled the plug on her is considered a hero in my book.

Oh I see, well good luck pursuing that. :) and thanks about the avatar! :)

Anuwolf said:

:luck: ............

Poety said:
Oh I see, well good luck pursuing that. :) and thanks about the avatar! :)

Thanks. I’m at the first step of pursuing it. I’m going to be volunteering for a mental health drop-in center that my local hospital is sponsoring. I’m not too happy of meeting the volunteer coordinator, heard he’s an ahole from couple of other volunteers, oh well right? You’re welcome on the compliment, He’s such a cutie.

Solideliquid said:
:luck: ............

I don’t know what you’re trying to put out but I’ve changed my mind about becoming an ICU nurse. I do apologize but I should of have used the word “Thought”

Poety said:
While the forums in general and this forum in particular are meant for the dissemination of information from and to medical students, residents and psychiatrists, they are open for all to view.

I must reiterate that the forums are not, as stated above, for medical advice. Further, I don't think it's particularly wise, especially in a psychiatry forum, to become over-involved in the discussion with the psychiatry-related posters. In this profession, doctors and patients will likely never see completely eye-to-eye, for reasons inherent in these conditions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anuwolf said:
Do you know that these kinds of publicity are telling the general public that the real mental ill people are nothing more then criminals and are extremely dangerous?

You say you feel this way, yet you started this thread.

Anuwolf said:
Do you know that these kinds of publicity are telling the general public that the real mental ill people are nothing more then criminals and are extremely dangerous?

I never said that. That is your interpretation.

Anasazi23 said:
I must reiterate that the forums are not, as stated above, for medical advice. Further, I don't think it's particularly wise, especially in a psychiatry forum, to become over-involved in the discussion with the psychiatry-related posters. In this profession, doctors and patients will likely never see completely eye-to-eye, for reasons inherent in these conditions.

^
Agreed.

Solideliquid said:
Do the laws that govern self defense cover us as physicians? Say if I KO a violent anti-social PD patient trying to violently attack me?

KO'ing a patient would likely bring on an investigation and a ton of additional problems in future treatment of said patient. However, in a self defense situation (being in serious physical danger, that is), I would go down swinging before being seriously injuried..or worse.

MJD503 said:
KO'ing a patient would likely bring on an investigation and a ton of additional problems in future treatment of said patient. However, in a self defense situation (being in serious physical danger, that is), I would go down swinging before being seriously injuried..or worse.

You think? Not only your going to face a full investigation but your also going to be facing a termination, a license revoke, and not but least a heavy lawsuit from the family (if the patient has family or a friend) or friend… if this happens… say good bye to your new Mercedes Benz (or) Porsche car, plus that big house that you just recently bought and had dreams of owning and will be in debt for the rest of your entire life, well that’s exactly would happen if a doctor or a nurse ever did that kind of crap to me.

Anuwolf said:
You think? Not only your going to face a full investigation but your also going to be facing a termination, a license revoke, and not but least a heavy lawsuit from the family (if the patient has family or a friend) or friend… if this happens… say good bye to your new Mercedes Benz (or) Porsche car, plus that big house that you just recently bought and had dreams of owning and will be in debt for the rest of your entire life, well that’s exactly would happen if a doctor or a nurse ever did that kind of crap to me.

Having a different "kind" of opinion in the forum is wierd. Its like the person at the party that wasn't directly invited and doesn't know the flow of the group (inside jokes and lingo).
Glad to have have you Anu, its all entertainment to me! :D

jlw9698 said:
Entertaining and surreal. As in, "Well it looks like I'm at home, but I feel like I'm still at the office......"

^5 I second that one, great line btw ;)

Poety, your sig keeps reminding me of this..

A client I had a few years ago gave me a really memorable quote that she and her friends used to use. She even gave me permission to share with others-

"It's all fun and games until cream soda comes snorting out somebody's nose." :laugh:

jlw9698 said:
"It's all fun and games until cream soda comes snorting out somebody's nose." :laugh:

Or your penguin pushes somebody into the water?

Great avatar by the way, made me nearly fall out of my very comfortable "empathic listening chair" in hysterics.

MBK2003

MBK2003 said:
Or your penguin pushes somebody into the water?

Great avatar by the way, made me nearly fall out of my very comfortable "empathic listening chair" in hysterics.

MBK2003

look, the penguin is just doing what all of us have wanted to do to someone who was bugging us. he's not constrained by political correctness or the possibility of assault charges.

(and I don't have kids, so no cute babies to put up there.)

Anuwolf said:

Do you mean this is what would happen to the person that was treating you, when all of a sudden you attacked them, and in the course of defending themselves they hit you? Shame on you for attacking them in the first place, especially since they are trying to help you. It sounds to me like you are saying it is ok to damage the career of someone that you attacked. It makes me wonder why I should dedicate my life to helping the mentally ill if they will attack me and then sue me for defending myself (with the intention of taking my job, car, and house). If that happens to me I will not be in debt the rest of my life. I will become so disillusioned with trying to do good that I will go into investment banking and make millions by "ripping people's faces off" as they call it in ibanking.

So Anu,

You say mental health is not the reason behind murder, rape and other crimes. You say you are disgusted with defense lawyers getting criminals off using the mental health card.

You then go on to say that a doctor defending themselves from dangerous psychotic or anti-social patients should be sued and license taken away for striking said patients.

So which one is it? Are violent actions excusable because you are mentally ill or should you go to prison for striking a doctor in a psychotic rage?

I guess you are above all this, as if this happened to you, you would get yourself a huge house, a benz and god knows what else.

i61164 said:
Do you mean this is what would happen to the person that was treating you, when all of a sudden you attacked them, and in the course of defending themselves they hit you? Shame on you for attacking them in the first place, especially since they are trying to help you. It sounds to me like you are saying it is ok to damage the career of someone that you attacked. It makes me wonder why I should dedicate my life to helping the mentally ill if they will attack me and then sue me for defending myself (with the intention of taking my job, car, and house). If that happens to me I will not be in debt the rest of my life. I will become so disillusioned with trying to do good that I will go into investment banking and make millions by "ripping people's faces off" as they call it in ibanking.

First off I don’t attack anybody unless if they approach me in such way and then violate my dead man zone. I only gotten into 1 fight in my life, when my mother came home very drunk (she gets extremely violent) and violated my dead man zone, she punched me and I’ve attacked back. No way I’m sitting here and say that you guys (the psych nurses/docs) don’t deserve to have any protection towards violent patients. I do not think that its appropriate thing to do to a violent patient is to KO them out like that. There is a better method into handling them besides beating them up.

If you don’t mind me asking and I hope you don’t take of an offense by it but what exactly did the psych school teach you when you are approach by a violent patient? I’m sure that beating them up is not on the agenda.

Solideliquid said:
So Anu,

You say mental health is not the reason behind murder, rape and other crimes. You say you are disgusted with defense lawyers getting criminals off using the mental health card.

You then go on to say that a doctor defending themselves from dangerous psychotic or anti-social patients should be sued and license taken away for striking said patients.

So which one is it? Are violent actions excusable because you are mentally ill or should you go to prison for striking a doctor in a psychotic rage?

I guess you are above all this, as if this happened to you, you would get yourself a huge house, a benz and god knows what else.

A well educated doctor who paid attention in school would know what to do when they’re approached by a violent patient.

Whatever happens to those straitjackets? Don’t you guys use them anymore? Or did they become illegal? Why we are still stuck on this subject? You guys are the professionals! Now act like one.

oh my... Sazi?

Coming late to this thead... more funny stories

When I was a MSIII I had a schizophrenic patient who was upset that his girlfriend broke up with him. We had the following exchange:

Him: I just want to find a female Hebrew mate. Hey are you Hebrew? You look like you might be Hebew.
Me: No
Him: What are you then?
Me: I'm half-Greek.
Him: Greek, hm. Yes, the Greeks are alright. That's almost as good as Hebrew. Can I have your phone number?

That month we also had both Jesus and Allah on the same unit, which made for an interesting millieu. As well as a schizophrenic guy with dirty white hair and a beard and a big belly who wore a red shirt and suspenders and followed the female staff around growling sexually inappropriate comments at them. We called him "Bad Santa."

I'm actually interested in hearing what the psych school teaches to their students on the best way to handle their patients when they become violent.

Dont most hospitals have PICU?

i61164 said:
Do y'all think that bizarre/interesting stories are a good enough reason to go into psychiatry? I mean, if I'm going to do something for 30+ years I want it to be amusing. Surgery is out because I can't stand and hold a retractor all day (training would be murder). Family practice is ok but is too much htn and dm (it gets boring). OB ... I won't even go there. Do these funny pt stories keep y'all going?

You bet. I love being a psychiatrist, because I am secretly a voyeur, and what other job would allow me to ask, "what do you mean by dry humping?" I am not kidding. I asked this today. I like being able to ask questions that no one else would, and actually have a serious exploration about "dry humping."

Anuwolf said:
I'm actually interested in hearing what the psych school teaches to their students on the best way to handle their patients when they become violent.

There's no "psych school" for us. We do residencies in hospitals, and are taught by teaching faculty - usually in the hospital.

Many/most hospitals have 'de-escalation' lectures, demonstrations on how to separating fighting patients, defense and restraing.

As far as handling them, you use restraing, seclusion and/or medication...whatever way you need to give it.

needinformation said:
You bet. I love being a psychiatrist, because I am secretly a voyeur, and what other job would allow me to ask, "what do you mean by dry humping?" I am not kidding. I asked this today. I like being able to ask questions that no one else would, and actually have a serious exploration about "dry humping."

:laugh: :laugh: when I switched to psych - someone asked me how the jump from surg to psych - I said, what else is more invasive than surgery? .... PSYCH! :laugh:

You call it a voyeur - I think I'm just nosey :laugh:

Anuwolf said:

Umm PICU = pediatric ICU at my hospital

I'm a premed volunteering in a closed psych. youth unit in Israel (laws are different, it seems. This probably wouldn't be kosher in the states, eh?)

One day, I was following around a very psychotic, delirious schizophrenic boy of 15. He was convinced he was a soldier, and ran around participating in various missions and operations. At dinner time, I led him to the dining room, and tried to keep him seperate from the other patients, who often took pleasure in eliciting inappropriate responses. As soon as they realized what was going on (he chose to wear all olive that day, and was gesticulating in a militaristic way) they started yelling "FIRE!" everytime he neared the food. This ultimately resulted in two cartons of apples and three large containers of rice and chicken thrown against his "enemies" and the walls of the room. Seven kids were tied that day, and one white shirt (mine) destroyed. That was the good time, too, after he stopped eating his own feces.

I have a couple. The first one was a paitient that I had when I was on my psych rotation. He was schizoaffective and didn't trust anyone on the unit. (locked unit by the way) So they gave him to me, the med student. Well, it turned out that he trusted me for some reason. He particularly didn't like the resident I was assigned to (who also happened to be blind, but that is another story) and had actually thrown a basketball at my resident a couple times when my resident tried to talk to him. And so I was the only one who would see him everyday. Well, the guy was very paranoid with delusions of reference and thought all the other patients were evil because they would laugh at times. He also seemed to have a lot of issues with sex because he had been caught going into womens rooms late at night and just standing over their bed as well as giving love notes to the nurses. He suffered from constant audio and visual halucinations which he would not talk about, except to say that Jesus and Satan talked to him. He also seemed to be almost puritanical when I would actually bring sex up and seemed almost repulsed by it and was very religiously fixated. So to give you the overall picture, except for the love notes and late night staring, he kind of gave the impression of being some deranged priest who was obsessed with purity. So I was surprised when, a few days before my rotation was over he asked me if he had told me what he wanted to do when he got out. I told him no, and he proceeded to tell me that he was planing on becoming a porn star. He also later admitted to me that his visual hallucinations were of people doing sex acts, but would say no more beyond that. (so kind of a constant porn movie with Jesus and Satan as commentators I guess?) He also apparently lives somewhere nearby where I live because I have seen him about five times on the street since then and he once came up and asked me for a cigarette when I was studying outside a coffee shop (he remembered me from the unit).

Oh boy, this next one is a doozy. I never actually had contact with this patient, but heard the story from my attending, so I hope I have all the details straight. There was a 14 yo girl living in a foster home who had been caught offering to give (and giving) blow jobs to the 14 yo boys on the school bus coming home. She had been refered to my attending for counseling. When he first spoke to her, he did not have access to her chart and so did not know any of her history. He talked with her, and she seemed very confused about what she did that was so bad. She said that that was just the way she made friends and they liked it a lot, so what was the big deal? Well, my attending later got ahold of her chart and discovered her very interesting family history. So this girls grandmother had immigrated to the US with her son, the girl's father. When the son was about 13, the grandmother got pregnant with him as the father and had a daughter. The son and the daughter then proceeded to have five more children, three of which did not live past two years due to severe mental ******ation, one was a vegetable in a care home, and then there was this girl, who was the normal one, so to speak. But wait, it gets better. So this "family" had been living outside a little town that was out in the middle of nowhere. They kept to themselves and it was just assumed that this was a couple and thier mother/mother-in-law and child. Somewhere along the way, one of the neighbors had called child protective services because there were kids that would be seen around the house for about a month and would then disappear and not be seen anymore. So child protective services came out and it was discovered that the father had been sexually abusing the daughter since she was born (the guy is messed up, okay? he had children with his sister/daughter for goodness sakes), but the adults denied there ever being any other children. When the daughter was interviewed and asked about the other children, she said that yes, there were other children living in the house, but her father had sacrificed them in the desert. There was no evidence found of this, but all the adults were put away for child abuse and the girl was placed in the foster system. Apparently, the grandmother had been psychotic and had believed that her son was the messiah. Apparently the girl had gone on to meet some nice fellow in the community and got engaged and from there my attending lost contact with her. Who knows how normal she is or what she will do to her own children. Yikes.

Holy shyt, that second story is FLIPPED UP! omg

If a patient assaults someone in a hospital they should be prosecuted. Likewise if a hospital employee assualts someone in a hospital they should be sued.

Psyclops said:
In the hospitals for which I have worked, any case of a patient assaulting another or staff resulted in prosecution.

I agree this patient should have been prosecuted, but the decision of whether or not to report it to the police and prosecute him, was not up to the hospital ethics commitee. There is a victim of this assault, the roommate. The decision of whether or not to report the crime and prosecute the crime belongs with the roommate

Anasazi23 said:
Of course, there are schizophrenics and bipolar or delusional/paranoid patients who become violent for various reasons. These people are not the ones, I would think, would be prosecuted.

However, it's the cases like the antisocials who perform behaviors to get what they want (private room, etc) that do this type of thing.

I remember the beginning of my first year when I did a consult on a known psych frequent flyer who was really nothing more than a maladapted sociopath. He wanted attention from the nurses and an automatic transfer to psych so we could get him housing, so he attacked his patient roomate, putting him in a headlock and punching him in the face, breaking his nose and obviously causing a huge scene.

The hospital ethics committe met to determine whether or not he should be reported to the police and brought up on assault charges. I supported this. However, it was determined that he should be transferred to psych and have no legal recourse brought against him.

Which is why he'll do it again.....

Has this nurse ever participated in assaulting and restraining in what you call a "safe" room any of ther persons who did this to her or anyone else. It likely was not ean enjoyable event for these persons. If you hold someone against their will, if you bloody or bruise or violate them or otherwise cause them paid and sufferint you are a criminal who belongs in jail and the persons you did this to are victims of violent crime, it is you against them. The fact is that most hospital staff MDs and others do not provide the best there is to offer, they provide the best their is for their wallets and desire for sadistic pleasure.

Psyclops said:
Why would any of us enjoy this article. One of my close coworkers, a psychiatric nurse, was assaulted and restrained in a safe room by four female patients. The door was locked. She was left. It was not an enjoyable event for her.

The thing I had a hard time getting about you patients was that you often felt it was us (the staff) against you (the patients). Could you help explain that Anuwolf? It always seemed to me that the staff (MD through orderly) offered the best services they had to offer. I would enjoy an answer to that question.

I agree with you. There is a difference between insane and mentally ill. A person can be mentally ill but not insane. Take for instance Charles Manson or the Unabomber, or Son of Sam all were convicted. They were all fond to be mental ill but not insane. These persons were found to know right from wrong and were able to conrol their acts so they were not insane.

Psyclops said:
It seems alot of people have been interested in the particulars of what I was talking about. Like Ana proposed, psychotic patients who wouldn't benefit from the reinforcement would generally not be prosecuted. But, in the two hospitals I worked for (both private corporate hospitals), if someone who wasn't psychotic assaulted another pt or a staff member, a police report was filed. Most times the police would come and take a statement, and not much else would come of it. I think there would be a fine often enough or something of the like. Now, these patients were often on our adolescent unit, or our RTF, or assaulted someone and it was uncharacteristic of their diagnosis. DS, it wasn't usually of that magnitiude. It was more of a "just becaue you are in here and receiving treatment doesn't give you the license to assault others". There were rare occasions though where pts needed a reason to be transfered to a forensic facility. Anuwolf, like usual you have no idea what you are talking about. A psychiatric diagnosis does not excuse all of one's behaviors.

It is not up to the police to decide to prosecute. You file a report with the police but if you know the identity of the criminal and the police did not witness the crime and there is no evidence to gather the police are simply perfoming a paper work function. Decisions to prosecute are with the victim and the prosecutor.

In regard to the scuffle with the patient who was the aggressor, who initiated it. If the MD approached the patient to stab and poison him and the patient was acting in self defense it is the MD who is the criminal not the petient.

MJD503 said:
That is a NO-NO at the hospital I work (state hospital) - well, they frown upon it but legally cannot tell you that you can't file charges. The police pretty much look down upon staff putting charges against patients, so I hear.

Though sometimes you wonder... Like the time an MD got multiple bones broken in 'scuffle' with a patient. He was insistent on letting this patient (in a state hospital) who was deemed unable to make decisions for himself go off ALL psych medication. When he approached the patient to tell him that he would be putting him back on meds -- he got hurt real bad.

Yes the law including the law of self defense applies to everyone. If you go to stab or poison someone they have a right to defend themselves. If you are just sitting there minding your own business and someone is going to assault yhou you have the right to self defense.

Solideliquid said:

Who is the aggressor here. If the MD seeks to stab, poison, humiliate, violate, or imprison someone they are the aggressor, the victim is entitled to use self defense. If someone all the sudden attacks an innocent MD not forcing himself on someone that is different, the MD has a right to self defense like all human beings.

If you are dedicating yourself to helping people not engaging in violent crime and forcing yourself on people and you do no harm then you will not be sued but for those MD that harm people they should be sued as that is the only way they will not violate other peoples rights. If you are interested in helping people then you should be interested in stopping violent criminal acts by MD against them.

In few if any lawsuits do MDs claim self defense, instead they make delusional claims about being an omnipotent God who can do anything they feel like it to anyone

i61164 said:

HT, welcome to SDN. Would you be so kind as to tell us a little bit about yourself? Maybe you could share your past experiences with psychaitry? Particularly, how have you been midiagnosed, mismedicated, and mistreatd? Those are the most common complants. If you would like, please feel free to post news articles that paint psychiatry in a negative light. I would also encourage you to question the residents motives, and decision making abilities, and even whether or not they have a soul. Trust me they will appreciate this. Great to have you. Your contributions will be invaluable!

Cheers,

Psyclops

HelloToday said:
In few if any lawsuits do MDs claim self defense, instead they make delusional claims about being an omnipotent God who can do anything they feel like it to anyone
That's freakin' awesome!!! :laugh:

"Yes your Honour, I did it and I'll do it again. Why? Because I AM GOD!!"

They dont use the term god, they know how lacking in credibility that would sound, they use what they delusionally believe is a synonym of the word god, doctor.

They do say Yes your Honour, I did it and I'll do it again. Why? Because I felt like it and I am a doctor or something to that effect. See for example the post on this forum at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=288796.

Triathlon said:
That's freakin' awesome!!! :laugh:

"Yes your Honour, I did it and I'll do it again. Why? Because I AM GOD!!"

Here is a good newspaper article about psychiatry. http://www.athensnewspapers.com/1997/102997/1029.a3committed.html
in this case Dr. Ferroll Sams falsely imprisoned the victim in a mental hospital for 5 days. The victim received a verdict of $3.4 million dollars for the 5 days imprisonment in a mental hospital. The jury awarded her $1.6 million for pain and suffering, $1.3 million for loss of income and $500,000 in punitive damages. (All money figures are US dollars). The loss of income figure was not for 5 days but appears to be to compensation for defamation of being falsely accused of being a mentally ill person and the loss of income that resulted from that.

Psyclops said:
HT, welcome to SDN. Would you be so kind as to tell us a little bit about yourself? Maybe you could share your past experiences with psychaitry? Particularly, how have you been midiagnosed, mismedicated, and mistreatd? Those are the most common complants. If you would like, please feel free to post news articles that paint psychiatry in a negative light. I would also encourage you to question the residents motives, and decision making abilities, and even whether or not they have a soul. Trust me they will appreciate this. Great to have you. Your contributions will be invaluable!

Cheers,

Psyclops

Is HelloToday - Anuwolf? They type in a similar manner.

No HelloToday is not Anuwolf. Based on statements by Anuwolf Anuwolf is a mentally ill person under psychiatric care HelloToday is not and has never been. The statement that Anuwolf is mentally ill person under psychiatric care is based on the following statements by Anuwolf: s/he has a diagnoses Borderline Personality disorder which s/he does not dispute, has the symptoms of Bipolar Disease, has requested the drug Seroquel which drugs.com indicates is an anti-psychotic, and has sought a case manager at a mental health clinic.

I had to reregister to answer your question because someone who has not identified themselves canceled my registration. S/he says I was trolling, that is false. Trolling requires false statements and the statements I have made are true.When I pointed out that practices in an industry that student members of this message board intend to join are criminal, violation rights of others, and are harmful to the health and safety of the public that should have been addressed not covered up calling me names.

Poety said:
Is HelloToday - Anuwolf? They type in a similar manner.