Psychiatrist's Quick Eyes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucas8998

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could anyone tell me why a psychiatrist would suddenly start making quick eye movements, repeatedly in the same direction, whilst their patient is talking?

This is some kind of 'test' I assume. But what kind(s) of patient(s) would they do this with? Or to assertain what kind of information would they do it?

If you can tell me the name of the 'test,' if it has one and any other information then that would be really great.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Please could anyone tell me why a psychiatrist would suddenly start making quick eye movements, repeatedly in the same direction, whilst their patient is talking?

This is some kind of 'test' I assume. But what kind(s) of patient(s) would they do this with? Or to assertain what kind of information would they do it?

If you can tell me the name of the 'test,' if it has one and any other information then that would be really great.

Thanks.

Strabismus. Maybe complex partial seizure?

Nothing that I can think of that's standard practice. Maybe the guy like Samson mentioned has something wrong with his eyes.

I've noticed several psychiatrists having some tricks during psychotherapy that aren't part of the norm. Some of them have been very effective. Haven't seen anything like you've mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe he's doing EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) on himself!

That must have been one boring interview.. usually I choose the up direction and try not to pass out when moving my eyes that way and listening to another borderline go off tangentially.