Psychiatry and imaging (fMRI) opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ftorres

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm highly interested in having a career in psychiatry, but I would like to be able do research involving imaging studies of psychiatric disorders.
What institutions allow such opportunities?
Please, if anyone has information regarding this idea, please feel free to post your thoughts....

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search online of program sites. Most major university programs have this type of research going on.

Look on FREIDA for program websites. Then most places have a "research" section.

ftorres said:
I'm highly interested in having a career in psychiatry, but I would like to be able do research involving imaging studies of psychiatric disorders.
What institutions allow such opportunities?
Please, if anyone has information regarding this idea, please feel free to post your thoughts....

Cheers
Anasazi's right, as usual, but here's a strategy for you--

What studies have you read that you thought, "This is really cool--I want to do this stuff" ? Who are the authors and where were they based?

Spend some time reading recent primary literature in the area of your choice, answer these questions and you'll have a good start at having made the list of residency programs where you want to train. Then when you're setting up interviews, make sure you ask for opportunities to visit with some of these faculty as well. You might hit it off with someone, or see an opportunity in a research group you really like.