Psychology and Therapy must book to read.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What was the most profound thing you learned from that book?

People are largely emotional when making choices, which is why rapport is so so so important. A few years ago, I conducted a mini experiment by bidding on shoes. I collected shoes at the time before I donated most of them. I got better prices by being likeable and complementing the other side on their choice of shoes vs being a tough negotiator trying to overtly extract every single cent.

Members don't see this ad.

Anything by Paul Watchel
Also the CBT books by Beck.

People are largely emotional when making choices, which is why rapport is so so so important. A few years ago, I conducted a mini experiment by bidding on shoes. I collected shoes at the time before I donated most of them. I got better prices by being likeable and complementing the other side on their choice of shoes vs being a tough negotiator trying to overtly extract every single cent.
You negotiated shoes at a shoe store?

Members don't see this ad :)
You negotiated shoes at a shoe store?

I'll tell you more about that if you tell me more about your job and pay since you're out of training now. You amassed a lot of information especially about the financial aspects of psychiatry. How well did you put that to good use?

I'll tell you more about that if you tell me more about your job and pay since you're out of training now. You amassed a lot of information especially about the financial aspects of psychiatry. How well did you put that to good use?
I’m at a community hospital with a residency, working a mixture of inpatient and outpatient trying to ramp up my practice on both ends, have a base salary of 250k for 3700 RVU and then wrvu of $65 after that for bonus

I’m at a community hospital with a residency, working a mixture of inpatient and outpatient trying to ramp up my practice on both ends, have a base salary of 250k for 3700 RVU and then wrvu of $65 after that for bonus

Not too shabby. If you know what you're doing, you should easily make over $400k. If you're as tenacious as you are on SDN, maybe even over $500k.

The negotiation of shoes was done with special vendors (sometimes individuals). These shoes are limited in production and in most cases no longer in production. So they're not likely found in shoe stores.

Reactions: 1 user