Psychology Master's to Med School?

Started by 651297
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

6

651297

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a Junior with a low GPA. My cGPA is around 3.2 and my sGPA is around 3.0. I'm currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Psychology and considering doing a Master's in Psychology. With my low GPA, I was going to complete a 2 year Master's program while taking science classes to boost it. I have volunteering, leadership, and shadowing. It's just my GPA that's really hindering me. I have also a strong interest in Child Developmental Psychology, so I wanted to pursue more education that that.

I definitely wanted to take a gap year, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Master's Program for two years or work for one year and try to raise my GPA a bit in my last year of undergrad. If I were to work, I could work as my lab's manager for a year or two?

I'm not sure which path would be the best to increase my med school chances?