Psychology Research Experience for Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Irish Luck

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does psychology research fit into medical school applications? I have extensive research working in a Clinical Psychology lab (3 years, 2 awards, 3 presentations) but don't have any significant experience working in a Bio/Chem lab outside of my lab courses.

Would the psychology research be relevant to what medical schools are looking for or should I still concentrate a significant portion of my time gaining hard science based lab experience?

Thank you!
 
How does psychology research fit into medical school applications? I have extensive research working in a Clinical Psychology lab (3 years, 2 awards, 3 presentations) but don't have any significant experience working in a Bio/Chem lab outside of my lab courses.

Would the psychology research be relevant to what medical schools are looking for or should I still concentrate a significant portion of my time gaining hard science based lab experience?

Thank you!

That research is fine.
 
How does psychology research fit into medical school applications? I have extensive research working in a Clinical Psychology lab (3 years, 2 awards, 3 presentations) but don't have any significant experience working in a Bio/Chem lab outside of my lab courses.

Would the psychology research be relevant to what medical schools are looking for or should I still concentrate a significant portion of my time gaining hard science based lab experience?

Thank you!

Unless you love hard science research, there's zero reason to pursue any. Your research experience sounds great. You're better of keeping in the field you like and getting pubs, etc there. Psychology research has plenty that translates into clinical medical research, too.