PT App Scoring System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnwj89

SPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a Pre-PT question, but I feel that most people who would have answers are people that would be in this forum. Thanks for any answers

At each school I have been to, I have been told that our apps have been "scored," and that the interview is an additional "score" that is added.

Can anyone give any insight on how this process works?

For example, what are the scales for scoring? Is it something like this?

Pre-req GPA:
3.0-3.2 = 2pts
3.21-3.4= 4pts
3.41-3.6=6pts
etc, etc

GRE
<145= 0
145-150=2
151-155=4
etc, etc

Also, how are LOR's scored? PTCAS essays? etc?

I know there is probably no simple answer, but I am just looking for a little insight from anyone that has any.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember any specifics, but I can give you an idea of how it's done at my school. Your application score and your interview score are worth an even 50/50. The essay is worth the biggest chuck of your application score, followed by your LOR's, then by your GPA and GRE score, then by your experience hrs, lastly your "overall" experiences such as volunteer work/research/etc. So, if your essay is worth 15 pts and you submit a crummy one, you will only get 3 pts. If volunteer experience is worth 5 pts and you have a great background there, you will receive all 5 pts. Then they will give you a score based on 2 individual interviews and a group interview. Both sets of scores will get combined and the top 45 people will get acceptance letters.

I hope that wasn't too confusing lol.