PT at MCG/Univ. South Carolina/MUSC/N.GA/UT-Chat./ESTU/UT-Memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeepSouthPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me their stats for admission into any of these DPT programs? I have an BS-Acct (3.75 GPA) and have been working for several years as an corporate acct/financial analyst and need a change and physical therapy really fits me perfectly. I'm taking the GRE next week and have some pre-req classes to take, but if I had to guess I would estimate the following stats:

Pre-req GPA: 3.3 - 3.75
GRE: 1200 - 1300 (670Q, 570V, 4.0 AW)
Obs Hrs: (120 - 160)

Also, is it common to be accepted into a program before finishing all pre-reqs? I'm working toward acceptance for Fall 2011 and I will have 3 classes (Chem II, Phys II and Bio II) I will be taking in Spring 2011. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Just addressing your second question- yes, you can be accepted into a program with outstanding pre-req's. I got accepted to 2 programs in VA, and am still in the process of completing A&P II, Physics II, and Chem II. They will just need your transcripts with either a C or better, or in the case of the school I chose not to go to, a B or better by matriculation. You're in the exact scenario as me, which is, that if god forbid, you have the summer to repeat a course (but let's not dwell on that). Good luck in the South!

Thanks for the response! Hearing this is a relief. Good luck in school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't have anything to add in regards to your school specific question, but i just wanted to congratulate you on changing careers. I worked in sales and research at various I-banks over the past ten years before finally pursuing something I wanted to do from the get-go, PT. Best of luck w/ everything. Shoot me a line if you have any questions.

Hey, I appreciate it DHJunkie. I will be sure to let you know if I have questions.