PT in the military

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stizzatc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into my options after gradschool and was wondering if anyway has any information about what pt is like in the airforce

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just recently had an interview at Rosalind Franklin University, and asked about this. One of the professors worked as a PT in the Air Force for 22 years, and the one significant difference I was told is that military PT's have more independence in their prescription of treatment. He hasn't been in the military for a few years now, so maybe you could contact current military PT's and ask if this difference still holds true. Hope this helps.

IOne of the professors worked as a PT in the Air Force for 22 years, and the one significant difference I was told is that military PT's have more independence in their prescription of treatment. He hasn't been in the military for a few years now, so maybe you could contact current military PT's and ask if this difference still holds true. Hope this helps.

This is true to this day. I don't work in this setting, but know several PTs who do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do PT's in the military make more/less or the same amount of money as civilian PT's?? Just curious...

Do PT's in the military make more/less or the same amount of money as civilian PT's?? Just curious...

You are paid in the military based on your pay grade. Most health professions receive bonuses or loan repayment perks as well. Go to any military site and check out a pay table. You would start as an O-1 as a PT fresh out of DPT school. Contact an officer recruiter with any questions.

You are paid in the military based on your pay grade. Most health professions receive bonuses or loan repayment perks as well. Go to any military site and check out a pay table. You would start as an O-1 as a PT fresh out of DPT school. Contact an officer recruiter with any questions.

O-3, unless through Baylor. Also, 5 years ago...really?

O-3, unless through Baylor. Also, 5 years ago...really?

lol. Ya, I just discovered this site. Just browsing through, didn't notice the date of the thread. My bad.

Reactions: 1 user