PT Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

philliesfan05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Long time looker and finally putting my first post on here.

I am just about to submit my PTCAS application but had a question about a LOR from a physical therapist. As part of my undergrad I have to complete an internship and it is scheduled at a PT clinic for this fall. I plan on having the PT i work with write me a LOR and using that as my recommendation from a PT. Since the PT will not be writing me a letter until the end of fall semester I was just wondering if my application will be considered incomplete or rejected until this is done. Just wondering if anyone else is in the situation or had any advice.

Also do you send a PTCAS verification to the PT for planned hours? Kinda goes hand in hand with my previous question

Members don't see this ad.

Hi philliesfan05! Your LOR and verification of hours will need to be received/verified by the deadline of any program to which you are applying. If a program doesn't require a LOR from a physical therapist (rare), then you will be fine with the others you've submitted. If a program doesn't require verification of hours, then you should also be okay.

There will be no problem submitting the application. PTCAS actually encourages you to e-submit before LOR's, transcripts, etc. are physically received in Watertown, MA.