1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

PT License

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by xnc123, Dec 16, 2005.

1. xnc123

xnc123 XNavyChick
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm going to start applying for a tech position after the holidays and looking on monster and career builder, a lot of the positions I see don't require experience (which I lack) but they do want you to have a license.

I'm in IL and when looking at the application, it doesn't say anything about being currently working as a tech. It sounds like as long as you have $40 and a HS diploma that's all you need. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm thinking if I get the license, it will show some initiative and hopefully help land me some experience. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kevintech

kevintech Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    See, i have a question too: if i want to become a tech, do I just take the test and get a license and then I can apply at pharmacies?

4. ButlerPharm.D.

ButlerPharm.D. Honor Before Glory
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yes, you are correct. Illinois only requires you to be a high school graduate or currently attending high school in order to be licensed as a pharmacy technician. Everyone who works in Illinois is required to be licensed, what would really set you apart from others would be if you were certified. You can go to www.ptcb.org to learn about the certification exam.