PT License

Started by xnc123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xnc123

XNavyChick
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to start applying for a tech position after the holidays and looking on monster and career builder, a lot of the positions I see don't require experience (which I lack) but they do want you to have a license.

I'm in IL and when looking at the application, it doesn't say anything about being currently working as a tech. It sounds like as long as you have $40 and a HS diploma that's all you need. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm thinking if I get the license, it will show some initiative and hopefully help land me some experience. Thanks!
 
Yes, you are correct. Illinois only requires you to be a high school graduate or currently attending high school in order to be licensed as a pharmacy technician. Everyone who works in Illinois is required to be licensed, what would really set you apart from others would be if you were certified. You can go to www.ptcb.org to learn about the certification exam.