PT programs with summer affiliations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elbrus

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if academic PT programs have affiliations during the summer?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes
the FW coordinator is a 12 month position.
The student is sent out to places open 12 months a year.
They dont see the school for months, unless there's a problem.

Sorry, I think I need to clarify my question.

I am wondering if any DPT students completing clinical affiliations during any of the months between May-Oct. Our CCCE told me the other day "no school does clinicals during summer months". With such a blanket statement (and knowing her personally) I am checking things out myself.

We have a popular niche practice, and I like students to have the opportunity to experience this clinical. But I get burned-out during winter months having back-to-back interns. It would be nice to take a student during summer when there isn't as much commotion.

With that, who goes out on summer clinicals?!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse has a month long clinical in August the second year and a 12 week clinical y3 from June to August. Today we pick where we want to go for our y3 clinicals, very excited/nervous.

At my alma mater, we had a 10 week summer clinical between 2nd and 3rd year (May-Aug).

One of my friends goes to St Augustine and he is doing a clinical right now; It finishes in August.

my school (university of south alabama) also has a clinical rotation from mid june to end of august during the first year summer semester.