PT Salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has any accurate sources for current PT salaries in various areas. ie. In hospital practice VS private practice VS working with a sports team.

Even if you have info about one of the sectors above please share.

I'm from Canada and I know that most PT's will start out with 35-50000 and this goes up to 45-60000 with experience for the hospital work sector. This is also in Canadian dollars.

So how much do PT's make in American hospitals and private practice??

THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if anyone has any accurate sources for current PT salaries in various areas. ie. In hospital practice VS private practice VS working with a sports team.

Even if you have info about one of the sectors above please share.

I'm from Canada and I know that most PT's will start out with 35-50000 and this goes up to 45-60000 with experience for the hospital work sector. This is also in Canadian dollars.

So how much do PT's make in American hospitals and private practice??

THANKS!!

Your information about the canadian PT salaries is incorrect. Right now PTs right out of school start out at about 54 000 at hospitals and between 60-65 000 in private clinics. After severals years of experience and post grad courses in manual and manipulative therapy the salaries at private clinics are between 75-90 000. I also I have worked at several PT owned clinics and thier gross incomes were over 200 000 so thier net income was over 100 000 but there is a lot of competition in the field so there is certain amount of risk involved in running your own clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your information about the canadian PT salaries is incorrect. Right now PTs right out of school start out at about 54 000 at hospitals and between 60-65 000 in private clinics. After severals years of experience and post grad courses in manual and manipulative therapy the salaries at private clinics are between 75-90 000. I also I have worked at several PT owned clinics and thier gross incomes were over 200 000 so thier net income was over 100 000 but there is a lot of competition in the field so there is certain amount of risk involved in running your own clinic.

I agree with that as well, although I'm in OT, the salaries in Canada are comparable. In hospitals, as a new grad you can pull in around 55k while it is more in the private settings (auto, clinics etc.) and obviously more so when you have more experience.

If you go into management, your pay scale will also increase. The manager on my unit is a PT and I believe she makes closer to 90K

Yes, sorry. You guys are right. I meant after taxes :)