PT School Acceptance Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MagDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today I was accepted to UF as I went in for my UCF interview. UCF is my top choice, UF being number 2. UCF decisions are sent out in February but UF wants a decision by January 3rd. Has anyone been in this situation? Do I accept UF until I hear from UCF then decide if I unaccept? Do I wait it out as late as possible?

Any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends are you willing to risk the down payment, if its low do it

Depends are you willing to risk the down payment, if its low do it
My acceptance email didn't say a price for the down payment, but I'm sure there is one. I'll have to look at that. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd really recommend just paying the deposit to UF especially if it's your second choice. It's a personal decision, but I would definitely just pay it just in case. I'm in the same situation, but the one I got accepted to is my last choice and I'm still paying the deposit lol. Just don't want to risk it

And you're talking about University of Florida right? I just looked on PTCAS and it doesn't look like there's a deposit

Yes definitely find out if there is a deposit. If there is none - which it looks like there isn't any- then contact the school and ask if you can have an extension until let's say February 28th. Many schools allow extensions, but sometimes you just have to ask. If they don't, then I would accept because 1) it's your number 2 and 2) you want a backup in case you don't get into UCF. You'll be able to resign your spot later... just make sure you tell them the minute you know you're not going there because your declined spot will make someone else's happiness :)

I agree with the others. Play it safe and pay the down payment to ensure your place in a program, especially since it's your second choice.

Yes, University of Florida. But that would be great if there's no deposit. But that's probably what I'll end up doing, with or without a deposit. Thanks guys!