PT school and lifestyle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pthopeful88

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of an off topic discussion but I had a question about DPT school and lifestyle. I have always been good with balancing my time. I know PT school will be a whole new level though. For those of you who were single in school, did you find time at all to date/go on dates. I know this will take a backseat to education but wanted to be able to do so if time allowed.

Thank you
 
Most of my single classmates (and some in relationships that became single), either hooked up with other classmates, or used Tinder, or something called OK Cupid to find relationships. A few found relationships with students from other schools like nursing, MD, etc. There are also plenty of time to network with your classmates and meet/mingle with new people at social gatherings. Study hard and enjoy your time 🙂.
 
I entered PT school as a non-trad student - married with one child. The short answer is yes, there is time to have a dating life, just not as much time as you're used to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep there will be plenty of time. Students date/hook-up with other students, use Tinder, meet people at parties or the gym, or wherever else you meet people.

The amount of free time depends on how well you can multitask, and changes depending on each week and how much work you'll need to do.
 
A lot of relationships started within my class and it's only been two semesters. When you spend all day in class, all night studying and hanging out in your free time with the same classmates, they tend to grow on you.
 
I've already been to one wedding for a couple that started in PT school. Yes you can date but it shouldn't be your priority.

And please don't use Tinder. There are much better ways to meet potential mates.