pt school experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vederosa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyones time in school went with their classmates? Did everyone get along? Did everyone hate each other? Drama in classroom or was it kumbayah by the fireplace?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting PT school in the fall as well and have been very curious regarding what OP asked!

I'm starting week 6 of my first semester on Monday. So far we are getting along great. I like all 43 of my classmates. It's been awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
All 54 of us get along in our classroom. Of course there are groups of friends that hang out, but it's not like a clique or anything.

The first year it was great.

The second year I still liked most people.

Now in the third year, everyone is cordial but ready to get the hell out of school. Everyone knows who their friends are by now, and aren't interested in getting caught up in other people's drama at this point.

Overall, I have made some great life-long friends. And, some people that I won't mind never seeing again.

:D

Reactions: 1 user
I am starting in the fall, but I have friends at every level of the PT program. They have told me that it is not unlike being in high school on a social level. You are in the same classes with the same people every day. As one poster said above, the first year its getting to know everyone, second year you have selected favorites, etc....

I am looking forward to getting started.

I'm not aware of any major drama in our class. Everyone gets along fine and can work together productively. That doesn't mean we all love each other, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya. ;) Various circles of friends have definitely formed, and there are some classmates that I would never ever want to spend time with socially one-on-one because we have completely different interests and personalities. But working with them on a project? No problem!

I have yet to start PT school, but my class already has a facebook group, so it's nice to at least say hi to my future classmates through there.

I will say from experience in my undergrad that I agree with what thorn22 says-- I was in a cohort (21 of us) for all 4 years... I did not leave hating anyone, but by the 3rd year I knew who I worked well with and who I didn't want to work with! ;) (Not that you always have the choice...)

I realize every school and class is different, but my class? First year most of us got along great, everyone helped each other, was at least friendly to each other.

I'm going into my third year now after this summer, and second year, everyone had their own group of friends and study buddies, and people got competitive and there was a good amount of backstabbing going on. No one really seemed interested in helping each other out anymore, if they were not in their clique. So, lots of drama in my class!

As one poster said above, I've made some lifelong friends, but I couldn't care less if I never saw half the people in my class again after graduation.

Hi Thorn,

I'm headed to Denver next week to check out UC's DPT program and wanted to get your thoughts on how the experience was. Did you originally consider Regis as well? Do you have any thoughts about the two programs? How were the clinical rotations handled?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts on the program.

Sincerely,

Craig Powers

My class of 40 just finished our second (and final didactic) year, and we were very close. Obviously many of us made closer friendships with certain people, but we all got along great and were always comfortable working with anyone in our class. We did lots of stuff outside of school, and most of our class would typically show up - even a lot of our spouses and significant others got to be good friends over the past few years. Never any drama in any form, and we are all sad to be leaving each other.... it can be done :)