Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PT School Interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by clara13, Aug 10, 2015.

1. clara13

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Could anyone tell me about the types of questions that are asked during PT school interviews? Especially at the ones in Georgia, since I've applied to all 7 in Georgia. Thanks!

2. SnowyDPT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    All schools vary in their questions. Be sure you know exactly why you want to be a PT however. In all honesty, just be yourself and be relaxed. The schools are selling themselves to you as well. Just be confident and enjoy the process and you'll do great.

3. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Exactly. I didn't prep for answering questions a whole lot. I did go in there and was as professional as I could be; I kept eye contact, shook hands, and was just myself. They can see through you if you fake anything if you rehearsed things here or there. I had an hour interview and had really tough questions but the professor interviewing me understood and gave my time to think and come up with answers. I was in there with someone else (who also got into my program) and we both were stumped at some questions and were just given a couple of minutes here or there. It wasn't a question/answer kind of thing...it was more relaxed. Almost like a long conversation where each question related to the previous one.

Check this out. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-to-become-a-pt-ot-interview-advice-video.1104200/

4. georgia2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I'm a current DPT at Brenau University. The interview process was extremely laid-back. There were about 10 people to interview that day. We all sat around with the professors and introduced ourselves. We then split up into 2 groups and were asked questions about what we've liked/disliked about our shadowing experiences, what we think are the most important qualities PTs should have, what interests you about PT, what's something that you learned about PT that you didn't know before, etc. Then we met one-on-one with a professor to go over our application (essay, GPA, GRE, LORs, etc.) and to ask any questions we may have had. They really try to get to know your personality, because they've seen what you can do academically. Once again... very intimate & laid-back! No reason to be nervous at all! Good Luck! :)

5. cyclingkayaker88

Pre-Physical Therapy
    In terms of questions they could potentially ask you, did they ask anything...did they try to ask anything that was already clinic-related - about how you might treat a particular patient or something? Would you recommend reviewing any physical therapy treatment books before the interview? I just want to be fully prepared!!

6. Romazicon

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Not really. Many don't even have tech experience, and those who do aren't thinking the way a PT thinks so the answers wouldn't be much help to the interviewer I would assume. They just want to meet you and know who you are. Don't stress about it. I understand that you want to be fully prepared, but I feel like the best way to stand out in your interview is to be yourself. Express your professionalism through professional etiquette (shaking hands, eye contact, NO PHONES). You have been granted an interview, and they know what you've done and how hard you've worked, now they just want to see your personality and get to meet you. They see right through lies and practiced answers so avoid that. Practice a bit of course, there's just no need to overdo it :)

7. cyclingkayaker88

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Thank you very much Romazicon! Good advice. :) I can't be a bit of a nervous personality and anxious at times. I will work on this!