You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PT School With No Bachelors
Started by Uwyo13
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could find a list of Physical Therapy schools that do not require a bachelor's degree for admission.
Thanks!
As an entry-level doctoral profession, a Bachelor's degree will be required across the board. As far as I know, PTA school does not have any degree requirements to apply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I definitely know of at least a few DPT programs that don't require bachelors' degrees, and was just wondering if anyone had an exhaustive list. Thank you both for the replies, and I should have clarified. I am currently a freshman in college, so it is too late to apply to a 2+3 or 3+3 program, I will have all my prerequisites done by next spring.
Thanks again!
Thanks again!
I definitely know of at least a few DPT programs that don't require bachelors' degrees, and was just wondering if anyone had an exhaustive list. Thank you both for the replies, and I should have clarified. I am currently a freshman in college, so it is too late to apply to a 2+3 or 3+3 program, I will have all my prerequisites done by next spring.
Thanks again!
What DPT programs do you definitely know of? I think your information is wrong.
I definitely know of at least a few DPT programs that don't require bachelors' degrees, and was just wondering if anyone had an exhaustive list. Thank you both for the replies, and I should have clarified. I am currently a freshman in college, so it is too late to apply to a 2+3 or 3+3 program, I will have all my prerequisites done by next spring.
Thanks again!
Other than the 2+3 or 3+3 schools, what schools do you know of that do not require a bachelors...I honestly do not believe this, but am curious.
What DPT programs do you definitely know of? I think your information is wrong.
Other than the 2+3 or 3+3 schools, what schools do you know of that do not require a bachelors...I honestly do not believe this, but am curious.
UND does not require a bachelor's degree, Loma Linda, and SUNY downstate are the ones I currently have found that do not require a bachelor's degree.
UND does not require a bachelor's degree, Loma Linda, and SUNY downstate are the ones I currently have found that do not require a bachelor's degree.
Very interesting, I looked up as well...
Loma Linda used to be that way, according to this when applying for 2018 (and assuming thereafter) you need a bachelors: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=1673&navid=10737426783
For UND you are correct according to this http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/Listing.aspx?seqn=1596&navid=10737426783 .....but I would be very hesitant on this - I would contact the program and see how many applicants with no bachelors they actually accept every class. I would think they would choose a student with one over one without.
For SUNY Downstate according to this http://sls.downstate.edu/admissions/chrp/pt/requirements.html you may be right as well but again I would contact them directly and see how many they actually accept without a bachelors....I would guess its very few and far between.
I would encourage you to plan to get to a bachelors. Many programs are phasing the no-bachelors track out. I agree with the above....even when they had them, very few students were admitted in that path. I have 1 in my class (we have since phased the program out).
I think those programs are becoming rare. I did just talk to a graduate who was accepted and graduated from a program like that. I believe it was University of Scranton.
http://www.scranton.edu/academics/pcps/physicaltherapy/
could be mistaken, but I believe he was accepted in the Fr or So year. Good luck.
http://www.scranton.edu/academics/pcps/physicaltherapy/
could be mistaken, but I believe he was accepted in the Fr or So year. Good luck.
Touro in Bay Shore/Manhattan too, I know someone who got in without a degree
http://www1.touro.edu/shs/pt/index.php?disp=admissions
http://www1.touro.edu/shs/pt/index.php?disp=admissions
Thanks for all the replies everybody! I currently am planning on applying to school this fall, and if I don't get in, I will be finishing my bachelor's!
Also if anyone finds more schools, feel free to add so when other people are searching they can find them! Thanks