PT2009

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
Status
Hi! I am new to this forum. Does any one know what schools does'nt require interview for admission into the DPT program?

ATS2DPT

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
The one I can think of off the top of my head is University of Wisconsin - La Crosse.

jesspt

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Status
DPT / OTD
When I attended Arcadia University, an interview was not required. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

crockdub

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Western University in Pomona, CA and Cal State Northridge didn't.

darkangel77

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2005
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I know for a fact that the University of Puget Sound (Tacoma, WA) doesn't do interviews, and I'm sure that the University of Washington (Seattle, WA) does not either.

ATS2DPT

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I know you are interested in schools that do not interview but, the interview can help you. Typically if you apply to a school that doesn't interview you better have really strong GRE/pre-reqs/reference letters because that is what they will base their admissions on (ie. UW-La Crosse, average pre-req gpa this year was 3.8, GRE of 1200).
The schools that interview could accept someone that do not have as great of pre-reqs/grades if they feel that person has the potential to be successful in the field

Lane7

10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
UIC (University of Illinois at Chicago) does not do interviews, but the stats of those accepted are quite high.