PTA->PT: Dominican College Vs. Mercy Vs. St. Augustine

Started by mako47
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dominican vs Mercy vs Augustine

  • Dominican

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Mercy

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • St. Augustine

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (please include response and reasoning)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

mako47

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PT Assistant trying to go back for my dotorate. I live in the north NJ area and want to consider Dominican or Mercy's Weekend DPT programs. I plan to retake some of my classes (I have my Exercise Science degree, but I think my preReqs are expired/need better grades) before applying. I want to know if anyone has attended or heard anything better of one vs. the other. I have family near St. Augustine and would consider that too. I want to ideally work part time/per diem while in school too (though that might go out of the window during clinicals).

I am considering this more from a financial planning because I've worked around PTs who feel like they ar drowing in debt so I want to try my hardest to avoid student loans as much as possible.

I know Texas and Finely have programs specific for PTA, but they sound like a nightmare to get into not to mention that kind of change of scenary would be out of my budget.

Any help or advice on the switch would be VERY appreciated. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you looked into Nova Southeastern Tampa Hybrid? I have been accepted and toured it this weekend. I think it would be something to suit your needs and you should look into it! If you have any questions just ask 🙂
 
It looks interesting, but I am trying to see what I can find for the weekend mainly, I'll do more research on it though, thank you!