PTCAS and Observation Hrs Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTHopeful921

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When does the verification status under PT Observation Hours on the PTCAS application go from "Not Verified" to "Verified"?? who has to verify it? Does it have something to do with PTCAS, PT who you did your observation under, does it have something to do with a college your applying to, etc??? anybody know...
 
The PT you observed under has to verify it. After you add an entry to "physical therapy observation hours" section, there is an icon you click under "send for verification." PTCAS then e-mails the PT (whose info you filled out in the observation form).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got a related question: I have submitted my app through PTCAS, and the schools have received it. In the meantime, I'm continuing to volunteer and shadow. If I update my hours (and get them verified), does PTCAS resend that piece of info to the schools? Or would it be up to me to tell the schools that I've got more hours now?

Thanks in advance.
 
jblil- I updated that section of my PTCAS application a couple weeks ago. The next week my status showed that my application had been resent to all of my schools.