PTCAS Applicant Data Report for 2012-13 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okramango

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested, PTCAS recently released their data report for the 2012-13 application cycle. Go to the this page, then click "PTCAS Applicant Data Report" for the pdf. Interesting stuff!

http://www.ptcas.org/About/

EDIT: For whatever reason, the link doesn't seem to be working, but it works if you go directly to the PTCAS website. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i find it interesting that the average for the number of applicants per school and number of qualified applicants were only 425 and 284, respectively...I expected the numbers would've been at least doubled lol

^^just noticed that those two numbers were only for the northeast region alone lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm attempting again to link directly to the PTCAS report (hopefully this works!):
http://www.ptcas.org/uploadedFiles/PTCASorg/About_PTCAS/PTCASApplicantDataRpt.pdf

Some interesting info from the report, about the 2012-13 application cycle (for PTCAS programs only):

Average # applicants per program:
2008-9: 346 (Range: 44 – 688)
2012-13: 548 (Range: 103 – 1580)

45.9% of last year’s applicants who completed and submitted applications received an offer of admission (49% from the previous cycle received offers)

Someone applied to 61 PTCAS programs and received 1 offer. Someone else applied to 71 programs and received no offers.

For all accepted students: Average cumulative GPA 3.54, (in 2008-9 it was 3.45); Average prereq 3.50 (in 2008-9 it was 3.39)

For all GPAs (undergrad, prereq, science, math, etc), average GPA for accepted students was higher for women than for men

Average GRE percentiles for all accepted students: Math 54.8% Verbal 55.39% Writing 48.96%

Most popular college majors for accepted students: Exercise Science (9.55%), Biology (6.61%), and Kinesiology (6.20%).

Worked this time thanks :)