PTCAS Employer Reference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnvangel

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! In starting to prep for the upcoming application cycle, I have been confirming my references and making sure they all know what is required of them and when. My employer (who is not in a health field of any kind, he is a food service manager) is completely lost and has no idea what to write. Are there any specific things I can tell him to focus on and talk about that would be beneficial? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe offer him to write a recommendation letter yourself and he can read and and make changes as needed. ? You will write whatever you want and he will probably just submit it with minor changes (or no changes at all).
Some things you can mention are being punctual, responsible, polite with customers, being calm when dealing with unhappy customers, able to listen and being respectful to customer's complaints, discussing your concerns with customer service with your manager to improve customer service, you followed all the rules set up by that food place... Something like that.