• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

PTCAS ESSAY 2020-2021

Have.A.Gait.Day

Jul 3, 2020
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
PROMPT:
Every person has a story that has led them to a career. Since there are a variety of health professions that "help" others, please go beyond your initial interaction or experience with physical therapy, and share the deeper story that has confirmed your decision to specifically pursue physical therapy as your career.

I need some help brainstorming. Is there anyone willing to share generally what they wrote about.

I did come up with a few thoughts.

One of which touches upon diversity and representation. Any thoughts on that? Do you advise me not to because it may be a touchy subject?

The other thought was just my experience taking an advance anatomy class that confirmed my love for anatomy. My love for anatomy is how I ended up choosing PT anyways.

Opinions, thoughts, what did you write about? Or would write about (for my people already accepted/graduated/wokring, congratulations).

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
  1. Physical Therapist
I've been advising people who need help brainstorming to imagine running into a stranger on the street. They ask, "What got you interested in PT?" What do you say? It's a good starting point. Also, most PT schools are trying to become more diverse right now, so I think mentioning that in an appropriate way could be good.

Reactions: 1 user

wiseOldPT

2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2019
Both diversity and anatomy are great topics, but make sure you answer the question of why PT in specific. Diversity and anatomy are both important in all the healthcare fields, so what is it about PT? Things like you love the musculoskeletal system in anatomy (more specific to PT).

Reactions: 1 user

Philt85

Punk Rock to Doc
2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
Denver
  1. DPT / OTD
That is a hard question to answer succinctly, I am a DPT and my answer probably changes by the day. But I do think talking about things that have persona meaning to you is always a good idea. Don't let the question control you, control the question. Ask yourself "how/where does this question give me an opportunity to talk about what I love and why I stand out". Good Luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.