PTCAS Essay question 2014-15

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by ArsenalDV88, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ArsenalDV88

ArsenalDV88 2+ Year Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I feel like I'm overthinking the essay question but how does one keep that topic under one page?

• APTA's vision for physical therapy is "transforming society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience". How will you embody this vision as a future physical therapist?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dibby92

Dibby92

Sep 18, 2014
    Just pick two or three things to talk about. Make an outline for yourself first. It will help a lot with organizing your thoughts. Don't over-think this prompt; I spent two months on my essay because I was going in circles. In the end, it turned out to be a killer essay, but I would NOT recommend taking this long (especially now). I think this prompt is designed so that each applicant has a different way of understanding it. You got this, don't worry :).

4. Watson27

Watson27

Jun 17, 2014
    There's already a thread on this where we had a really great discussion about it. I think it's called "This year's personal statement prompt" or something similar. I think most of us agreed that the prompt allows for multiple interpretations of what the "correct" structure of the essay should be.

I also struggled to keep it to one page. My first draft was around two pages and I hated cutting some stuff out.