1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

PTCAS Essay question 2014-15

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by ArsenalDV88, 09.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ArsenalDV88

ArsenalDV88 2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I feel like I'm overthinking the essay question but how does one keep that topic under one page?

• APTA's vision for physical therapy is "transforming society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience". How will you embody this vision as a future physical therapist?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dibby92

Dibby92

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Just pick two or three things to talk about. Make an outline for yourself first. It will help a lot with organizing your thoughts. Don't over-think this prompt; I spent two months on my essay because I was going in circles. In the end, it turned out to be a killer essay, but I would NOT recommend taking this long (especially now). I think this prompt is designed so that each applicant has a different way of understanding it. You got this, don't worry :).

4. Watson27

Watson27

Pre-Physical Therapy
    There's already a thread on this where we had a really great discussion about it. I think it's called "This year's personal statement prompt" or something similar. I think most of us agreed that the prompt allows for multiple interpretations of what the "correct" structure of the essay should be.

I also struggled to keep it to one page. My first draft was around two pages and I hated cutting some stuff out.

About the ads