PTCAS essay question instead of a personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spintix357

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was getting ready to write my personal statement and I realized that for the PTCAS they have an essay question:

"What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?"

Does this mean that I do not write a convincing personal statement about myself and instead answer this question in it's place? Am I suppose to incorporate information about myself into this question? I am confused.
 
So I was getting ready to write my personal statement and I realized that for the PTCAS they have an essay question:

"What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?"

Does this mean that I do not write a convincing personal statement about myself and instead answer this question in it's place? Am I suppose to incorporate information about myself into this question? I am confused.
I was thinking the same exact thing! Glad I'm not the only one. Like what?? Kind of annoying that the writer wasn't addressed in the question (i.e. How would you embody professionalism...). But I agree with the above reply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't assume things about the application process before actually reading the PTCAS instruction manual...and don't be part of the many people who don't read the instruction manual at all.
 
Don't assume things about the application process before actually reading the PTCAS instruction manual...and don't be part of the many people who don't read the instruction manual at all.

Bingo! Listen to this guy/girl.