Quantcast

PTCAS essay question instead of a personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spintix357

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I was getting ready to write my personal statement and I realized that for the PTCAS they have an essay question:

"What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?"

Does this mean that I do not write a convincing personal statement about myself and instead answer this question in it's place? Am I suppose to incorporate information about myself into this question? I am confused.

Wiscoguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was getting ready to write my personal statement and I realized that for the PTCAS they have an essay question:

"What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?"

Does this mean that I do not write a convincing personal statement about myself and instead answer this question in it's place? Am I suppose to incorporate information about myself into this question? I am confused.
I was thinking the same exact thing! Glad I'm not the only one. Like what?? Kind of annoying that the writer wasn't addressed in the question (i.e. How would you embody professionalism...). But I agree with the above reply.

DesertPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't assume things about the application process before actually reading the PTCAS instruction manual...and don't be part of the many people who don't read the instruction manual at all.

Reactions: 2 users

hhma16

Reaction score
Don't assume things about the application process before actually reading the PTCAS instruction manual...and don't be part of the many people who don't read the instruction manual at all.

Bingo! Listen to this guy/girl.