PTCAS for 2011-2012 cycle : July 5th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhatiaa1

Pre-PT Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. If the 2011-2012 cycle starts July 5th, ideally how soon should I complete my PTCAS application (end of July, early or late August...)???

2. I understand it takes time for PTCAS to receive all your transcripts and supporting documents... do we have to wait till July 5th to send them in or can we send them now?

3. Is the PTCAS Transcript Request Form required for PTCAS to accept a transcript?? IF so, then I guess we have to wait till July 5th to print them off.

4. Will PTCAS accept copies of the PT Observation Hours or it has to be the originals?

Members don't see this ad.

1) As soon as possible for rolling admissions. The earlier you submit the application, the quicker PTCAS can process everything i.e. GPAs, etc., because there wont be that many applicants to process until later on in the cycle (get a head start on the procastinators)

2) You have to wait until July 5th exactly because of your next question.

3) yes, you need the transcript request form inside the envelope with the sealed transcript.

4) They accepted my photocopies, but your missing something. If youre sending in paper verification hours, PTCAS has something for you to print out and fill out with you verification hours kind of similar to the transcript request form

This is why I think it would have been a good idea to create a PTCAS account prior to July, just to check it out.

thanks jbizzle. btw, which school did you decide on?

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that there were a lot of PTCAS questions, so I thought reviving this thread might help.

I have a question about entering coursework. On my transcript it lists most of my classes as either 1, 0.5. or 0.25 credits under the category "credit hours." In the faq, it mentions something about converting "credit units" to semester hours which they mentioned were schools where most courses are 1 credit. But then in the instructions I printed out, it says "Enter the number of credit hours earned, as posted on your transcript. Do NOT convert quarter hours to semester hours." I'm just a little confused about what to do.

How should I enter my course credits? I just don't want to do it incorrectly and delay my application. Any help would be must appreciated.

Instructions were available w/o creating an account. They system would not allow us to open an account until July 5th. The prior cycle closed sometime in May. Would have been nice to see the actual format for transcripts / obs hrs / LORs etc before hand.