PTCAS Letter of Rec's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pthopeful11

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I am applying for school this coming cycle (Starting in July, PTCAS for 2015). I had a quick question about letter of rec's that I havent found a straight answers for.

Since it is early April, and I want to get my applications filled out ASAP when it open in July, I want to give the people who are writing my letters plenty of time, so I want to ask them in the coming weeks. I'm a little confused about how I upload the LOR to PTCAS then...because if they finish it before July and the new application is over, will the electronically-uploaded LOR be deleted? I dont want to make a new account in July and start the entire process at that time, I would like to start as early as possible.

Thanks!
 
Don't put anything in until the cycle open on July 2nd. It will all get deleted and you'll have to start everything over.
 
You don't upload anything personally, you put your LOR provider's email into PTCAS and they'll get sent a link. The most you can do now is ask them, so they can write the letter ahead of time and then paste it into PTCAS when the time comes. Also, you can't fill out the application early, you'll have to wait till July, just notify your writers and have everything together and ready to go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, thats good to know. Thank you. Should I tell my references then that I will ask them for a completed letter sometime around the beginning of July? Thats pretty reasonable I feel. I can tell them to start writing it and then as the application opens I will put them in, and they should get the email and can upload it themselves, correct?
 
You don't upload anything personally, you put your LOR provider's email into PTCAS and they'll get sent a link. The most you can do now is ask them, so they can write the letter ahead of time and then paste it into PTCAS when the time comes.

Ok, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!
 
I gave all my LORS a heads up when to expect to write them. They are writing them a month ahead so when the app comes in they just have to fill some survey stuff and send the letter. I got 2 PTs and 1 anatomy professor from Harvard. I think having 2 PTs and 1 professor specifically in an anatomy class should be good. At least thats what my own PT told me. So I am only taking advice from the best! Good luck!