PTCAS Pre-req's: Biology I&II with Lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I, like most people, weren't offered a lab with my Bio 1&2 courses... What are you guys putting as your Bio 1&2 classes with labs?

I had Bio 1&2 WITHOUT a lab, and then I have two upper division bio labs, but they are all 3 credits each, nothing combined... Are you guys just putting Bio 1 and 2, and then the Bio labs as well under "pre-requisites"?

Members don't see this ad.

Since I, like most people, weren't offered a lab with my Bio 1&2 courses... What are you guys putting as your Bio 1&2 classes with labs?

I had Bio 1&2 WITHOUT a lab, and then I have two upper division bio labs, but they are all 3 credits each, nothing combined... Are you guys just putting Bio 1 and 2, and then the Bio labs as well under "pre-requisites"?
it's been a whole year since I started my PTCAS, but if I remember correctly, when inputting your courses, there is a dropdown box for you to choose if this is BIO1 Lab or BIO2 lab, no?, I dont know I dont remember? (Once i sent my apps in i forgot about the apps and got to prepping for interviews)

If your going with the paper applications, then yes, If I were in your shoes I would put them in as my labs even if they are 3 credits.

My BIO 201 and 201 were the anat/phis 4 credits included a lab. Then I am also taking a BIO general and BIO microbio which both require me to schedule a lab class to go w/. Don't know what to tell you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bio 1&2 without lab? That's really odd... any bio class I've heard of requires a lab portion at the intro level. Anyway-- I agree with jbizzle. There's a drop down menu and you can select "lab" for it.

I just posted a question similar to this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=836662

In regards of this question, I received separate grades for my Gen Biology II Lecture and Lab; which is indicated on my transcript. So when I enter this on the coursework of PTCAS, this also had to be separated. My Gen Bio II Lecture was indicated as Lecture Only AND under the part that says "Indicate If This Course Fulfills a Core PT Prerequisite", I picked Biology II with Lab. There is NO Biology II Lecture only in this part.

So when entering my GEN Bio II Lab, I indicated as Lab Only AND I picked Biology II with Lab under core prereq... since again, there is NO Lab only on the part.

I just posted a question similar to this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=836662

In regards of this question, I received separate grades for my Gen Biology II Lecture and Lab; which is indicated on my transcript. So when I enter this on the coursework of PTCAS, this also had to be separated. My Gen Bio II Lecture was indicated as Lecture Only AND under the part that says "Indicate If This Course Fulfills a Core PT Prerequisite", I picked Biology II with Lab. There is NO Biology II Lecture only in this part.

So when entering my GEN Bio II Lab, I indicated as Lab Only AND I picked Biology II with Lab under core prereq... since again, there is NO Lab only on the part.

I did the same thing with physics and will have the same issue with microbio ......... entered the lecture only and lab only under course type......... then under core prereq I picked w/ lab for both entries..I didn't see any other option that work to the best of our advantage.
I know I will be multi checking this info over and over before sending it in.

I have a similar question to this--my transcript looks sort of like this:

BIO 151 -- 4 cr -- A
BIO 151L -- 0 cr -- NG

Was I supposed to enter them separately? Or was I supposed to put them together as Lab and Lecture?

I did the latter....hopefully I did it right, ha.

I have a similar question to this--my transcript looks sort of like this:

BIO 151 -- 4 cr -- A
BIO 151L -- 0 cr -- NG

Was I supposed to enter them separately? Or was I supposed to put them together as Lab and Lecture?

I did the latter....hopefully I did it right, ha.

I had a grade for both the lect and the lab for physics and microbio, the A/P and chem classes had one combined grade on the tranny-and does not indicate "lab", eventhough on my schedule they were separate classes. There seems to be some need for consistancy. :p

In my chemistry and physics classes, they weren't graded separately... So I just have one grade for each of those...