PTCAS Processing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFballerinaDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the current speed for processing is for PTCAS? I know they say it can take up to 4-5 weeks sometimes. I submitted mid-September and am waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Currently the processing time is three weeks (read that on twitter! )

Mine took about two and a half weeks. I submitted at the beginning of September.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted september 9th, verified september 21st, mailed september 25th.

Hoping mine is processed in time for my school deadlines!

Edit: Not sure if I want to know, but if I e-submitted but my application is not processed until after a school's deadline, am I dead in the water for that program?

Last edited:
When I called PTCAS, one of the people I spoke with actually told me which batch of applications they were currently processing and got a straight forward answer that ended up proving true. I e-submitted Aug 31, was verified and mailed by Sep 11.

@jayquone You'll need to contact the program to ask them this question. My understanding, though, is that most programs (the ones without rolling admissions) set their e-submit deadlines keeping in mind that PTCAS can take 4-5 weeks to process the application from the time of submission. For example, I'm applying to IUPUI in Indianapolis, IN and was told by the head of admissions that the deadline to e-submit (Oct. 1st) is set well in advance of the review date and subsequent interview invites to allow for the PTCAS processing time. Again, though, contact the programs you're applying to.

I submitted mine on Sept. 12th. Still hasn't been processed.

did any of you guys recently get verified? I submitted around the same time line as you all and i still haven't gotten an e-mail. :/

Hoping mine is processed in time for my school deadlines!

Edit: Not sure if I want to know, but if I e-submitted but my application is not processed until after a school's deadline, am I dead in the water for that program?

The deadline is the deadline to submit your app, not get it processed.

did any of you guys recently get verified? I submitted around the same time line as you all and i still haven't gotten an e-mail. :/

Submitted mine on September 12th. It still hasn't been verified, and I haven't received an email from ptcas yet. I will post again on this forum when I do to let you know.

I got verified today and e-submitted on the 17th. Hopefully yours gets verified soon! :)

My application was finally verified today, and I esubmit on Sept. 12th. What day do they mail out applications?

My application was finally verified today, and I esubmit on Sept. 12th. What day do they mail out applications?

Mine was mailed on a Tuesday, but PTCAS says the day can change from week to week.