PTCAS Question, A&P vs Human Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MyFutureBH

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I have taken Human Anatomy and Human Physiology which I both recieved a C . Well I graduated and I am now retaking both at a community college but instead I have to take A&P I&II.

Will PTCAS combine my Human Anatomy, Human Physiology classes with my A&P classes to calculate my pre-requ GPA or will they just count my A&P classes since its a different class format?
 
PTCAS will still combine them (average the grades). A&P I would be considered Human Anatomy and A&P II would be considered Human Physiology when you self-report your pre-requisites.
 
Individual schools may also have their own way of handling this. Some may average the courses, others may just take one set of classes, others may take the highest of the two grades. It is not always clear on the PTCAS website how schools do this. I would suggest giving the schools you are interested in a call.