Ptcb Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farah08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

New to this site and giving my PTCB next week on the 14th. Just wondering if some one in here has already taken it and how does it go? I am very nervous about i.

Suggesstions will be really helpful.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I went to some 10-20ish story office building and it was in a video and audio monitored room on a computer. The test wasn't to bad, just know the math, and laws if you can. Don't worry about brand/generic unless you've been working in a pharmacy. Same for what drugs are used for. HOpe that helps...

Members don't see this ad :)
The Mosby's got me really acquainted with the material. I did all of the practice exams and when I finally sat for the PTCE it was amazingly, even eerily, similar.

Farah, don't be nervous AT ALL. It's really easy, and the passing score is pitifully low! Just be quick on your conversions, know what DEA form goes to what, general medication knowledge (A statin is used to treat: _____) and you're good to go. I'd never set foot in a pharmacy when I took the PTCE and nearly aced it out.

you need to know pharmacy laws, sig codes, day supply and quantity calculations... other than that basic common sense with the ethical questions.

I used Mosby's review book and it covered the test relatively well. The only thing I don't like about the book is that there are a handful of errors.

The most important thing to know are conversions.

its been 4 years...but when i took it, i had a lot of IV drip questions and questions on AIDS/HIV meds for some reason. I had no idea how to do them, so I only knew about 1 out of every 3 questions and still passed! I used the Mosby's a day before the exam to study and did fine!

just study, you'll do great!

Last edited:
thanks every one for your quick words... i am doing the entire Mosby cd for my ptcb which is on the 14th of december. i am just nervous and i start my externship tomorrow in one of a very nice hospital in Miami. i am hoping to get hired as a Technician while in am externing.