ptcb exam has more math problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Da Alchemist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took the test couple of days ago i was reading this book ptcb exam series and it says 64% of the questions will be based on assisting the pharmacist like how the inventory, forms, filling rx. works. but the test seemed like 90% math questions. anyone know how much math is on the test? and does anyone know if the booklets that were given are the same? because i was about to copy the answers the person was sitting next to me but i wasnt sure if we had the same test lol.

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. I like the conffesion in the end.

But, my exam was about 50% math( which units, sigs, etc were needed to interpet the question). 25% were questions about the pharmacy and the role of the tech.

20% the rest were questions about drugs, like refrigeration, names, uses. where u had to know

5% was random about the body

i dunno which questions are not going to be counted, but i bet its those that seemed repetetive.

man the book i read was misleading. i studied most of the assisting the pharmacy and didnt even bother memorizing the measurements. during the test i couldnt solve the easy math problems without knowing how much oz = g etc.

yeah, but studying for that test took away time that i needed for my classes, which really hurts considering there is very few exams in my classes.

most books are retarted they go into too much info about drugs that are not asked. looking at these books makes students believe that those topics will be emphasized.

Members don't see this ad :)
The test I had was mostly math. Really easy math too; none of it was even as hard as the practice problems in the Reifman book. Just concentrate on unit conversions, pharmacy law, C2's, and try to memorize some of the top 50 drugs. I passed with flying colors without ever having set foot in a pharmacy.

There are actually 8 or 9 different tests. Each booklet has a different color. Some have a lot of math, others a lot of pharmacy law and some a lot of brand and generics. Since the test is going to a computerized version next year, I would assume the test will be even more randomized.

Hope this helps

one of them who took the test has been a pharmtech for 10 years. and she didnt do well on the math section because she said everything they do now is automatically calculated on the computer.