PTCB Question

apple84

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2006
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Does people who got accepted to pharmacy school have to take PTCB test before entering pharmacy school? I knew I have to have State Technician License (PA in my case) but I am not sure if I should take PTCB or not.

About the Ads

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
  1. Pharmacist
Does people who got accepted to pharmacy school have to take PTCB test before entering pharmacy school? I knew I have to have State Technician License (PA in my case) but I am not sure if I should take PTCB or not.

Are you sure it's the tech license, not the intern license. Either way all you'll need to do to find out if you need the PTCE or not is check with state board of pharmacy and it'll tell you what requirements they have for either. If you don't know the web address, usually googling "[x] state pharmacy board" will do the trick.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=432988

Here's the one for PA (second link by using above method)
It doesn't show tech licensing, I didn't look much further, but it doesn't seem that there is such a thing in PA. It does have the application for intern license, which is what I think you meant anyway.

apple84

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2006
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Are you sure it's the tech license, not the intern license. Either way all you'll need to do to find out if you need the PTCE or not is check with state board of pharmacy and it'll tell you what requirements they have for either. If you don't know the web address, usually googling "[x] state pharmacy board" will do the trick.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=432988

Here's the one for PA (second link by using above method)
It doesn't show tech licensing, I didn't look much further, but it doesn't seem that there is such a thing in PA. It does have the application for intern license, which is what I think you meant anyway.

Sorry. It is Technician Intern License. I will attend LECOM-Erie campus. So, I think I don't need to take PTCB.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.