PTCB Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does people who got accepted to pharmacy school have to take PTCB test before entering pharmacy school? I knew I have to have State Technician License (PA in my case) but I am not sure if I should take PTCB or not.

Members don't see this ad.

No, but PTCB license and tech experience does help with admissions.

I agree. One school I applied to even asked me are You a nationally certified pharm tech on the supplemental application (Samford)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does people who got accepted to pharmacy school have to take PTCB test before entering pharmacy school? I knew I have to have State Technician License (PA in my case) but I am not sure if I should take PTCB or not.

Are you sure it's the tech license, not the intern license. Either way all you'll need to do to find out if you need the PTCE or not is check with state board of pharmacy and it'll tell you what requirements they have for either. If you don't know the web address, usually googling "[x] state pharmacy board" will do the trick.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=432988

Here's the one for PA (second link by using above method)
It doesn't show tech licensing, I didn't look much further, but it doesn't seem that there is such a thing in PA. It does have the application for intern license, which is what I think you meant anyway.

Are you sure it's the tech license, not the intern license. Either way all you'll need to do to find out if you need the PTCE or not is check with state board of pharmacy and it'll tell you what requirements they have for either. If you don't know the web address, usually googling "[x] state pharmacy board" will do the trick.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=432988

Here's the one for PA (second link by using above method)
It doesn't show tech licensing, I didn't look much further, but it doesn't seem that there is such a thing in PA. It does have the application for intern license, which is what I think you meant anyway.

Sorry. It is Technician Intern License. I will attend LECOM-Erie campus. So, I think I don't need to take PTCB.