Public Health program without GRE requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceogeek

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a M.B.B.S degree holder from Myanmar(Burma). I want to study in United States. I am now preparing to take TOEFL. I don't wanna take GRE because I don't wanna stay in Myanmar anymore and I don't wanna waste my time in preparing GRE.

So, is there any university or school of public health that don't need GRE?
Please suggest me how to go to US as soon as possible? For me, the most important thing is to get into the US.

Members don't see this ad.

some schools will allow you to substitute a gmat or mcat score in place of the gre score.

contact the school if you want to do that. other than that, i think all schools will require some sort of standardized test score.

what is an m.b.b.s degree? is that a graduate-level or bachelor?

The GRE is really not a difficult test to get a decent score if you can do up to 10th grade math and can write a coherent personal statement. If you're not looking to get a perfect score, I'd say just register to take the test and see how you do. I took the test without studying and decided I didn't need to retake it.

Please suggest me how to go to US as soon as possible? For me, the most important thing is to get into the US.[/quote]

The only program I know that doesn't require the GRE is New York Medical College MPH. Check it out. Other than that, since you're a doctor, I think you should directly email the schools and ask if they will accept you without GRE scores, some schools might.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools waive the GRE requirement for doctors. Check each school's websites to see if they do. Dartmouth, I think, does.

Well I'm at SUNY Downstate Medical Center and I got in without the GRE (however, I did take the MCAT). Your status as an MBBS may be ok...but don't take my word for it. Contact their admissions department for more information.

University of New Hampshire (UNH) doesn't require the GRE for the MPH program

is it a part of CEPH?

I am a M.B.B.S degree holder from Myanmar(Burma). I want to study in United States. I am now preparing to take TOEFL. I don't wanna take GRE because I don't wanna stay in Myanmar anymore and I don't wanna waste my time in preparing GRE.

Please suggest me how to go to US as soon as possible? For me, the most important thing is to get into the US.

hey, NYMC does not, but I don't know what that means, probably closer look at experience, ps statement, and GPA including what under-grad school you went to...

good luck, I love Burma by the way---I am from Sri Lanka ;)

I love Burma & Sri Lanka! I have a lot of friends from Burma and my brother is engaged to a Sri Lankan girl! Great countries! As for NYMC, I don't think its hard to get in to. I got in to its international health program straight after undergrad with zero public health experience. My undergrad school was a small liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere! So I guess they probably place a lot of emphasis on undergraduate course grades.

Thank you all for guiding me...I will contact the admission departments..

I love Burma & Sri Lanka! I have a lot of friends from Burma and my brother is engaged to a Sri Lankan girl! Great countries! As for NYMC, I don't think its hard to get in to. I got in to its international health program straight after undergrad with zero public health experience. My undergrad school was a small liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere! So I guess they probably place a lot of emphasis on undergraduate course grades.

LOL teshi1 and thanx for your reply! I miss SL relaxed lifestyle (well these day, it's a bit scary with war :( )
Funny u like the Int. Health tract, I am very passionate about it, but at times my family tells me it's not a realistic field!?. Are you in the program already? If so, please do shareyour opinion about program or how well they get you out in the field.

LOL teshi1 and thanx for your reply! I miss SL relaxed lifestyle (well these day, it's a bit scary with war :( )
Funny u like the Int. Health tract, I am very passionate about it, but at times my family tells me it's not a realistic field!?. Are you in the program already? If so, please do shareyour opinion about program or how well they get you out in the field.

Actually I decided to work for a year in research. I plan to start in Fall 2008. The only acceptance I have until now is Boston U (defered from last year). As of now, I am waiting to hear back from more schools. Good luck!:)

Hello friends,
i am Dr.Ranjan , I finished my MBBS from RGUHS in 2008, I also have M.Sc in Microbiology from Bangalore University which i finished before my MBBS. Now I am interested in doing my MPH from Kansas university. Do I hv to give my GRE?
I am not soo keen in giving GRE, TOFEL i can give.
PLs Advise me on this..

Thanx

Hi.
I m from Pakistan , completed mbbs in 2015. Now I want to switch my career into any health related field and study In usa by getting student visa. My toefl score 70. Not want to give GRE. Kindly give me suggestions regsrding which college or university in usa is low coast, doesn't require GRE, and which field is best for me .
Thanx in advance

Hi.
I m from Pakistan , completed mbbs in 2015. Now I want to switch my career into any health related field and study In usa by getting student visa. My toefl score 70.

Based on what other international students have posted on this forum, it seems a score of 100 or more on the TOEFL is desired for admission. You may have to retake.

Not want to give GRE.

You don't have to take the GRE, but I'd highly recommend it over the MCAT/GMAT, as it's a much easier exam.

Kindly give me suggestions regsrding which college or university in usa is low coast, doesn't require GRE, and which field is best for me .

Suggest doing a google search.