Public Health Research for MD applications??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Although I have no other basic or clinical research experience, I have just started doing public health research that is based on qualitative data. Would this experience qualify as a research experience on the application website?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, absolutely. My research was in developmental psychology and was virtually unrelated to medicine. Doing research and learning/demonstrating the associated skills are IMO more important to many schools than the actual subject of the research.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Although I have no other basic or clinical research experience, I have just started doing public health research that is based on qualitative data. Would this experience qualify as a research experience on the application website?

Thanks!

Absolutely, especially if you want to do an MD/MPH! You and I are in the same boat, actually! A lot of my research is Public Health related and I have a little bit of Genetics research from senior year. People tend to view PH and medicine as separate entities when in actuality, they work hand in hand more often than you think.