Public service announcement: CPJE is incredibly difficult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the CPJE. It was awful and I'm sure I failed.

There were so many questions that were obviously written based on guidelines from a decade ago. I never learned these old guidelines, I learned the current ones

There were a ton of questions about niche disease states like Myasthenia Gravis. There was only ONE calculation question on my exam. Calculations are my strong point, so this was a huge disappointment.

There were several questions with brand name drugs that I have never even heard of as potential answers.

Feels bad :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I take CPJE next week and I'm hella scared. Have you got your results yet for Naplex?

Last edited:

There were so many questions that were obviously written based on guidelines from a decade ago. I never learned these old guidelines, I learned the current ones!

There was a question about the proper statin dose for someone based on their cholesterol... We were told in school NEVER to do this, and to use ASCVD risk (per the newer guidelines).

There were a ton of questions about niche disease states like Myasthenia Gravis. There was only ONE calculation question on my exam. Calculations are my strong point, so this was a huge disappointment.

There were several questions with brand name drugs that I have never even heard of as potential answers.

Hang in there, man! We will get through this!

Members don't see this ad :)

There were so many questions that were obviously written based on guidelines from a decade ago. I never learned these old guidelines, I learned the current ones!

There was a question about the proper statin dose for someone based on their cholesterol... We were told in school NEVER to do this, and to use ASCVD risk (per the newer guidelines).

do you remember the names of any drugs by any chance?